This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#52911 by CarlG
Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:04 pm
I know this doesn't help you, but I just want to mention that I've called Beijing directly through OOMA several times and had absolutely no problems. The voice quality is far superior to my previous landline calls and so clear I have to hold the handset away from my ear.
#53012 by billlawton
Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:17 pm
Good feedback, thanks.

I've seen in other posts that some subscribers are having problems with touch tones (I have panasonic dect 6 phones similar to some other posts). I've only actually entered into the teleconference once through ooma since my passcode is usually rejected and I don't try to enter more than once or twice before reverting to calling card.

If I can get into the teleconference successfully, then I am definitely going to see if the voice quality was a fairly rare event that happened to hit me the first (and only) try.
#53065 by CarlG
Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:33 am
I've also had problems with the touch tone using my Panasonic phone (not DECT 6). When I use the Ooma handset, however, I have no problems at all. If you happen to have their handset (not as bad as everyone reports, in my humble opinion) then you might try using that.