This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#49812 by vikinghater
Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:54 pm
I use a answering machine that requires a "pin" to be typed in from the road. Ever since I got Ooma I can't access my messages by pressing my pin in the key pad...any ideas? :|
#49813 by southsound
Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:04 pm
The problem is that the ooma system is not passing incoming DTMF (touchtones). If you have the white hub or hub/scout system, it never will due to hardware and other constraints. If you have the black Telo, it may someday but does not currently. We have not heard any credible estimates as to when the Telo will provide this ability. Is there a reason why you do not want to use the ooma voicemail system? If there is, then consider using Google Voice as a front end and using their very robust voicemail system. It even offers transcribed messages that can be emailed to your mobile device. Of course, with the current state of transcriptions these sometimes offer the added benefit of spontaneous humor.