This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#48285 by bohicaIL
Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:40 pm
Any further news on when "Ooma Pure Voice" is to be rolled out? I thought it was February 2010, but we're rapidly running out of February.
#48380 by Soundjudgment
Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:56 pm
bohicaIL wrote:Any further news on when "Ooma Pure Voice" is to be rolled out? I thought it was February 2010, but we're rapidly running out of February.

Not to worry. March is just around the corner.
#48391 by quantumpot
Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:31 pm
I hope they rollout the Purevoice out soon.. I will at come to know if I have to abandon Ooma and get someother VOIP provider that is less sensitive to upstream jitter. I am not expecting that Purevoice will solve the issue that most of us are having with call quality when upstream jitter is > 4 ms but worth the wait to find out
#48625 by Soundjudgment
Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:40 pm
What leads you to believe another 'VoIP provider' can handle the problems of signal-jitter any better? The idea is to not have it at all, instead of spending all that time finding a provider who can tolerate it.
#48626 by quantumpot
Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:45 pm
Actually I had Vonage and it does handle jitter better. From what I understand - it depends on the SIP termination point and how much they buffer at the expense of latency. Wimax has a jitter of about 10 ms and a ping of 70 ms to the first to the Ooma server. So having a buffer on the other end that buffers for about 200 ms actually solves the issue.

Try Vonage and you will see what I mean.
#49167 by Soundjudgment
Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:56 am
>> Try Vonage and you will see

At the prices they charge their customers each month?? No thanks. ;)
#49180 by MakoCSH
Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:43 pm
Soundjudgment wrote:
bohicaIL wrote:Any further news on when "Ooma Pure Voice" is to be rolled out? I thought it was February 2010, but we're rapidly running out of February.

Not to worry. March is just around the corner.

I had to lol at that one.
#49186 by quantumpot
Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:27 pm
True that Vonage costs at least $24 with taxes but that is not the issue at hand. The issue at hand is that OOMA infrastructure does not handle jitter well. And that is a bummer since it is much cheaper than everyone else. Why does cheap have to be bad? Oh well..

Anyways.. to any OOMA representative reading this post.. please up the jitter buffer at your termination points.. it doesn't cost you a dime...
#49187 by da-cam
Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:53 pm
Not being an expert in this area, I can only assume what quantumpot is saying might make a huge difference in my phone calls (and maybe others). While my upload speeds are adequate, and I have no packet loss (according to voip speed tests) they show a range of jitter issues. If Ooma could increase Jitter tolerance, I suspect all the phone quality issues I (and others) am having might be a thing of the past.
#49202 by Bobby B
Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:21 pm
Pure Voice is currently in beta - folks in the beta program have found several issues that we're currently working on resolving before the feature can be released to all Telos.