This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#47568 by wes2k
Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:00 pm
Similar issue somewhat to others with a wrinkle. Most of my calls work without issue. I have a twice-a-week conference call to a conference telephone service which repeatedly fails.

I place the call to the main number...no problem. I punch in my access code...no problem. I state my name and company...no problem. The auto attendant says "you are now joining the conference", then I hear a hint of a beep (announcement beep to conference attendees) and then an immediate sound like water hitting a hot skillet, followed by silence...forever. The conference attendees can hear me but I hear NOTHING. This is 100% repeatable (happens 2 times every week for months now). If I use my POTS line I hear the beep tone and then immediately hear the other people on the conference call.

I'm getting pretty tired of being forced to use my home number to attend 2hr conference calls twice a week. I dealt with support on this issue once but they didn't have a clue and were blaming the conference utility (naturally).

I have Ooma Hub with 1 scout...dedicated DSL line JUST FOR OOMA...1.5Mb down/384Kb up...VOIP speed test registers green and virtually no jitter. No issue with call quality anywhere else, or up to the point I get connected to conference hub (which is probably VOIP itself), it just dumps the inbound audio to me when it connects. It's not intermittent...it ALWAYS FAILS.

Ideas would be appreciated...how do I avoid simpletons on 1st level support and get to an engineer or something?
#47588 by wes2k
Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:14 pm
I don't remember the company but the telephone number info is as follows. It's a BellSouth land line out of Atlanta. I can ask for operator assist during working hours and get company name.

Search Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 10:12 PM
Phone Number: (770) 657-9270
Line Type: Landline
Phone Carrier: Bellsouth Telecomm Inc - Ga
City: Atlanta
State: GA
County: Fulton
Latitude: 33.8700
Longitude: -84.4500
#48155 by wes2k
Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:59 pm
The "operator" that covers this conference facility doesn't even understand my question. The numbers are...

Phone Number: 770-657-9270
Participant Passcode: 510269

When I call this number I'm inevitably NOT getting the correct announcement tone and my inbound audio is dead (I hear no other participants). MY outbound audio is working (participants can hear me and respond via chat line that they can hear me).

Anyone have any useful ideas?
#48165 by bryanlyle
Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:30 pm
If it's freeconferencecall.com I've had nothing but problems with them for the past few weeks. I had a call today that the audio completely cut out on. The others on the call had no problems. I had to call back in to get the audio back.