This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#45763 by cranewoods
Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:06 am
I was getting ready to buy new Telo handsets but stopped in my tracks after reading about all of the problems described in this forum. Does anyone know if a new version of the handset is on the horizon from OOMA? Love my Telo and don't want to stop loving it by adding a handset that is buggy.
#45776 by WayneDsr
Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:00 am
The buggy handset will eventually be fixed with auto updates. I imagine as soon as ooma gets things fixed the handset will get better with time. The hardware issues (hard to read screen, rough edges....) obviously can't be fixed.

Wayne
#45778 by ggilman
Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:03 am
Wayne's right. I was thinking hardware, of which I have heard no mention. There's always software coming down the pipe though and that's where most of the issues are.
#45790 by cranewoods
Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:53 am
My 50 something year old expensively glassesed eyes are probably not going to like the screen from what I've read. Bummer. It seems like every time I think I have office (Telo) and cell (metropcs) and home phone (magicjack) solutions in place a tiny piece messes me up! Guess I'll try to find a good corded business phone to plug into it for now. Maybe a Nortel M9417cw. Any and all suggestions appreciated.
#45892 by alancommike
Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:33 pm
The Handset isn't awful. It's certain not great, but it pretty much works. There's lots better and probably lots worse. The good part is that a large chunk of the handset is tied to the Telo and software updates are in the works.