Is a new handset being released anytime soon?

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
cranewoods

Is a new handset being released anytime soon?

Post by cranewoods » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:06 am

I was getting ready to buy new Telo handsets but stopped in my tracks after reading about all of the problems described in this forum. Does anyone know if a new version of the handset is on the horizon from OOMA? Love my Telo and don't want to stop loving it by adding a handset that is buggy.

ggilman

Re: Is a new handset being released anytime soon?

Post by ggilman » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:50 am

There has not been a single mention of a different handset from anything I've read.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:00 am

The buggy handset will eventually be fixed with auto updates. I imagine as soon as ooma gets things fixed the handset will get better with time. The hardware issues (hard to read screen, rough edges....) obviously can't be fixed.

Wayne
ooma customer since January 2009
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Lifetime Premier Member

ggilman

Post by ggilman » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:03 am

Wayne's right. I was thinking hardware, of which I have heard no mention. There's always software coming down the pipe though and that's where most of the issues are.

cranewoods

Post by cranewoods » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:53 am

My 50 something year old expensively glassesed eyes are probably not going to like the screen from what I've read. Bummer. It seems like every time I think I have office (Telo) and cell (metropcs) and home phone (magicjack) solutions in place a tiny piece messes me up! Guess I'll try to find a good corded business phone to plug into it for now. Maybe a Nortel M9417cw. Any and all suggestions appreciated.

amoney

Post by amoney » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:29 pm

What it should have been.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G

alancommike

Post by alancommike » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:33 pm

The Handset isn't awful. It's certain not great, but it pretty much works. There's lots better and probably lots worse. The good part is that a large chunk of the handset is tied to the Telo and software updates are in the works.