This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#44693 by JTalbert
Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:10 am
Three times last night we encountered a strange issue.

We were talking on the phone for about 50 minutes, we heard a electronic beep on the phone then we could not hear the party we were talking to. They could hear us. We hung up called back and within a few minutes same thing, a beep and then we could not hear them. This happened three times. The other strange thing I noticed earlier that night, is our Ooma handset was not working well either. I would pick up the phone to make a call, all I would hear was static. It took me a few minutes of working on the phone to get it to work, then after I hung up the phone the same thing happened. I did a reset on my Telo and then later in the evening had a 30 minutes phone call with my non Ooma handset again and had no problem.

The beep issue with not being able to hear the other party was using a Panasonic system, with the panasonic plugged into a phone jack in the kitchen, and the lines being powered by the Telo.

We used this system with our Cox phone for years with no problems. The other weird thing I noticed on the phone was the word BOOST flashing on the handset.