This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#43448 by pizzapaul
Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:57 pm
I've been experiencing a fast busy when calling local and long distance landlines. The Ooma technicians have been indicating that they have been working on the issue. But, I still have the issue. The funny thing is that, if I call the landline number in succession sometimes the number goes through ( but not all the time ). The Ooma technicians have said it is a routing problem. And not been able to say when it is going to be fixed, they only indicated that they are working on the issue ( for the last 3 weeks plus ). I have never experienced this issue when dialing a Cell phone. Has anyone else had this issue and were they able to get it fixed ?

Thanks,
Paul
#44039 by gmaich
Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:32 am
I have the same problem, I can call the local pizza shop down the road with 7-digit calling, but cannot call people on my street with 7 or 10 digit dialing without getting the busy signal. I have called cs, but have not heard back from them.
#44268 by stocks22
Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:08 pm
I have the same problem as well. Sometimes I called long distance today and got NOTHING, maybe two ringy dingys then nothing. POS Chines company.
#44661 by pizzapaul
Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:14 pm
I received several calls from the Ooma Engineers regarding the "Fast Busy" issue. They were able to fix most of them and continue to fix the others. So, the problem is fixable. Again, they did indicate that it was a "routing" issue. There are still more exchanges in my area code that still have the Fast busy issue, but I believe that they will be able to fix them. My biggest concern was that no one was looking into the issue. Since, it took several weeks to get it some of them fixed. Obviously, they are working on the issue.

Thanks,
pizzapaul
#44824 by gmaich
Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:00 am
pizzapaul wrote:I received several calls from the Ooma Engineers regarding the "Fast Busy" issue. They were able to fix most of them and continue to fix the others. So, the problem is fixable. Again, they did indicate that it was a "routing" issue. There are still more exchanges in my area code that still have the Fast busy issue, but I believe that they will be able to fix them. My biggest concern was that no one was looking into the issue. Since, it took several weeks to get it some of them fixed. Obviously, they are working on the issue.

Thanks,
pizzapaul

How did they fix the problem. I am still waiting for a call back on this problem.
#45289 by SDGeek
Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:40 pm
Recently I have started to have issues with getting a fast busy on outgoing calls within my area code. This has happened for both long distance and local within the 605 area code. Some prefixes are (605) 336 - (605) 209 - (605) 226 - (605) 262.

I have called the problem into CS and he took down my information and put it into the call log (he did not open a ticket). He then enabled 10 digit dialing and told me to power cycle the Telo. I will do this when I get home.

Some of my observations.

The fast busy behaivor is intermittent. I can repeatedly call and may get through on the second or 5th try.

This did not happen at all before I ported my number on Jan 21st, but I have only noticed it happen in the last week.

This has happened on both Cell Phone and Landline numbers.
#45446 by dcj64
Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:32 am
I to am having the same problem, I have not ported my number yet and I called CS and they did not open a ticket either, but instead they tried some things had me reboot and I was still having the same problem. I was told they will get back to me so I am waiting. I really hope they fix the problem, to date I really like the phone system...
#45476 by alancommike
Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:13 pm
Does anyone know what routing Ooma is fixing? I have to assume that they're not actually manually adding routes between exchanges. I'd guess that they received some bad data as to where certain exchanges are and they're fixing up their tables?

Is anyone familiar with how a VOIP carrier routes to the PSTN cloud, including cell carriers? Care to explain on point somewhere online? It was so much easier to understand when everything was analog. :)

Thanks,

...alan
#45567 by pizzapaul
Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:41 am
I would highly recommend opening up a CS ticket with customer service. I would also recommend opening up your "yellow" pages and try several other exchanges in your area code to see if the issue is larger than just the numbers you call. I would then record all the specfic numbers and have them added to the CS ticket. Again, the routing issue was nothing that can be solved from your home. It is an infrastructure "connection" that needs to be established via software.

Another quick note: When I discussed this issue with the technician at first he never heard of this issue. So, I asked him to use his Ooma phone and I gave him the number with an issue so that, he could also witness it. Sure enough he did!

Best regards,
pizzapaul