This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#41329 by Christyson
Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:01 am
The last two days, the person on the other end says that my voice keeps dropping, as if someone else is calling in on the other line. It happens sporadically but at least once a minute and sometimes several times a minute; to the point where it makes conversations difficult. I have a Hub and a Scout. I know that this occurs through a cordless phone hooked up to the Scout, but I have not tried it through the Hub because it is in the basement and we do not use if often. I am at work and do not know my upload and download speeds off the top of my head but I can include it in a later post if that information would help.
Thanks!
#41339 by caseybea
Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:20 pm
Call quality (scratchy, etc) when using a phone hooked up through a scout is a known issue. You need to wire your phone so that it is connected to the HUB. Note, this does not depend on it being a cordless phone or not. "Scout"-originated calls have sub-par quality compared to hub (direct) calls.