This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#39755 by lyen
Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:06 pm
Hello All! I have just installed the Telo along with the handset. There is a one way audio trunking issue between OOMA & Sprint Mobile service. I was able to duplicate the issue when calling from Sprint mobile phones to my OOMA Telo. I was not able to hear the party from Sprint mobile phone but the other party was able to hear me. When having the other party calling my Telo the second time within a minute the issue was gone. I work for Sprint in the network operation department as a switch technician for 10 years so I know exactly what I am talking about. The calls were executed in San Francisco. The Sprint mobile numbers are 415-845-99xx & 408-836-97xx. My Telo number is 415-400-38xx. The unit was only installed for a couple days. I am currently using AT&T dry-loop DSL @ 6Mbps. I appreciate if anyone can help. Thanks!
#39771 by amoney
Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:29 pm
Wow sounds like you know more than us or for that matter Ooma.

But you say the issue went away, I assume that it still ramdomly continues, something Ooma needs to work with its telco vendor perhaps?

Interesting side note, I called Ooma support once from my ATT cell, the call had massive echo, my voice, I only assume it was Oomas voip end that was doing it, I dont think customer service heard it, I just stuck it out to get my answer. Glad to say havent had any issues actually using Ooma.
#39787 by lyen
Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:34 pm
amoney wrote:Wow sounds like you know more than us or for that matter Ooma.

But you say the issue went away, I assume that it still ramdomly continues, something Ooma needs to work with its telco vendor perhaps?

Interesting side note, I called Ooma support once from my ATT cell, the call had massive echo, my voice, I only assume it was Oomas voip end that was doing it, I dont think customer service heard it, I just stuck it out to get my answer. Glad to say havent had any issues actually using Ooma.

The issue went away only when the call from the Sprint side was executed with a minute or two. After a few hours and when I do the same thing I was able to reproduce the symptom. I have tried multiple times. This is going to be a serious problem if not resolved.
#40242 by lyen
Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:56 am
joeed2 wrote:Try disabling 3G on the mobile phone. See what that does.

Voice call from Sprint phones does not use 3G at all. 3G only being used by data. Voice trunks are process thru the Alcatel Lucent 5ESS switching equipment with protocol handlers. Therefore, it has nothing to do with 3G or VoIP. At least not yet as of today. I can confirmed that as a switch technician working at Sprint. ;)
#40699 by joeed2
Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:12 pm
Did you contact Ooma customer support?

I'm wondering if they could forward your issue over to someone in the Ooma technical department. Other than that, I don't know how much help you are going to get on these forums. It seems like you know more about your specific issue than anyone here will be able to help.

Your problem seems very specific, almost like you need a four-way conversation between you, Ooma, Sprint, and AT&T. I just hope it doesn't turn into a four-way finger pointing contest.