This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#37521 by drew@hohmann.us
Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:46 pm
If I call my inlaws (518 area code), the call quality is perfect. If I call my parents (585), I get different kinds of whistling and background noise on the phone. If I call work (802) - I always get a busy signal!!! Ooma support can call my work # just fine - but I never can. Has anyone else had these problems?

Comcast cable modem - motorola surfboard extreme modem - ooma telo connected directly to the cable modem - http://www.whichvoip.com/voip/speed_test/ppspeed.html says my connection is perfect (or as close as it gets 95+ score).
#40346 by Hoops
Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:24 pm
I am having the same problem with some long distance numbers. My mother in laws phone is always busy. I have no idea why this is happening. I am set up for 10 digit dialing and I am not dialing 1 so that is not the problem. Did you find a solution for this?

Dave
#40371 by tommies
Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:16 pm
This problem is related to the local exchange that routes the number in question, and it has nothing to do with your ooma devices (since it works perfectly with other numbers)

In this situations, you need to log/write down the number(s) that you called and the time stamp of the call(s) and then call CS to have ooma engineers fo find a fix. This will take time to resolve, but you need to persistent till the problem solved.

When calling ooma CS, you need to stress that this is not an ooma problem but a problem that related to the local exchange of the number in question, and you need at least lever 2/or higher ticket
#40645 by tivoboy
Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:52 am
i've been having poor call quality now for about a month, not sure what is going on - maybe they are relegating the older units to a second tier peering company? I like the new Telo (okay, not the DECT handsets) but don't want to HAVE to pay more to get a reasonable call quality
#40670 by southsound
Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:06 am
I agree with tommies. Logging information on call quality and letting ooma check their logs is the best way towards resolution. In my early days of ooma use (back in February of last year) I had a lot of problems with echo on some calls. I created logs of the calls and after some time, everything was cleard up. I believe they changed some routing and enforced some QoS issues with other carriers.

I currently use both the older hub and the new Telo. I have found that both have excellent quality on all my calls. I don't use international, so I can't comment there. I also have Lifetime Premier on my Telo and core service level on my hub. I'm sure that given your input and some time to resolve, ooma will make your telepone experience a great one.