This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#35374 by grathke
Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:49 pm
I've got my Telo after the router (Linksys WRT320N) by way of 2 switches. I'd like to set up the QOS on the router which is using DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) mega. My internet speed is 20/2. How do I set up the QOS ?

Thanks
Glenn
#35387 by UrbanVoyeur
Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:14 pm
There are QOS settings at setup.ooma.com which you can access by plugging your PC directly into the "home" port on your Telo. But that will only have an effect if the Telo is between the Router and modem (DSL, cable, etc)

Since you Telo is behding your switch:
If that DD-WRT build allows you to do port specific bandwidth allocations and QOS, and your router has an integrated switch, then you can set it up to preserve a portion of your bandwidth for the router switch port the Telo is plugged into.
#35398 by grathke
Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:18 pm
Thanks for the info... However, I'm looking for specific help in how to set it up in the ddwrt interface. Outside of enabling QOS, I have no idea how to set it up. The Telo is connected to a switch, that is connected to another switch that is finally connected to the router.

Glenn
#38935 by tomas21
Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:31 am
I have v24-sp2 and am going to try the following setup tonight.... still scouring the net for more recommendations.

ISP Bandwidth: 15000 kbps / 900 kbps

QoS Settings - Enabled
Port - WAN
Packet Scheduler - HTB
Uplink - 900 kbps
Downlink - 999999 kbps / maxed out since ISP to controls most of this

MAC Priority
OOMA Mac Address - Priority - Premium
675kbps / 75% of my upload speed using Premium Priority (675kbps will be set aside for any call made)