This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#29538 by Stackowax
Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:47 pm
I don't know why this is but, FWIW, I've found voice quality to be infinitely better with the Telo behind my router (Apple Airport Extreme). The Airport Extreme has no provisions for setting QoS but this doesn't seem to matter. I'm not in a position to evaluate the quality of routers (or even to know how one would go about doing this). But I do wonder if the Telo is really that great of a device, given the wide disparity in the performance between the Telo and the Apple device. It just seems to me that if there is anything the Telo should do well it is voice quality and it seriously underperforms when placed in front of Apple's router.
#29542 by dtalwar
Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:19 pm
Having the Ooma device (Hub or Telo) behind the router seems to work better for many of us, me included. I don't know anything about Airport Extreme, but I would let a proper router do the routing and Ooma to do the VOIP. Use each box for its strength.