This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#27532 by In Box
Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:29 am
Does anyone have a problem receiving inbound calls, particularly on the first ring or ooma users?

I am having problems receiving incoming calls on my ooma line that come in thru my google voice number (I'm forwarding my google voice calls to my ooma line). More often than not, the problem occurs seems to only occur with the first ring. Is this a problem with google voice, ooma or something inbetween (poor handoff)?

Here's an example of what happens:

1) Caller dials my GV number, hears phone ring
2) Ooma phone rings
3) I answer the Ooma phone, but instead of connecting, I hear the Ooma dial tone
4) Caller continues to hear 4-5 rings before going to voicemail.

I've turned off call screening completely (was screening blocked numbers only), and that didn't help. Call presentation is/was off.

I've searched and this is the closes problem I've come across, which may be a related problem: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/v ... 72f1&hl=en

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/v ... 3464&hl=en
#28050 by BlueHeeler
Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:36 am
I just noticed the same issue yesterday. I didn't notice it before.

Do you answer off a scout? The only thing I recently changed was having my GV number ring the number assigned to my scout instead of the hub. I may try switching it back to shared and see if there is still an issue.
#29430 by In Box
Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:35 am
BlueHeeler wrote:Do you answer off a scout?

No, it's just core. Very basic setup. Problem does seem to be intermittent, though I was able to reproduce it consistently a few times last week. Haven't tested today, and to avoid problem just wait around for second ring for now.

What I did notice today is a change in ring order. My Ooma ring used to come in about half a second behind my landline (been like that since I started a couple of months ago). Today, I heard the Ooma ring ahead by half a second. It's possible they 've done something on their end to improve or correct this issue.
#50501 by lashito
Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:20 am
I have the same problem. I also have the intermittent issue of my Ooma Hub connected phone not ringing when using Google Dial out via the web interface. When I dial a number or contact, quite often my Ooma phone will never ring, and I get Google voice-mails of the other person answering, but without me on the other end of the phone.