This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#28299 by WayneDsr
Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:14 pm
byersthja wrote:I'm a new Ooma user, but no dropped calls as of yet. We all know that mobile phones aren't always reliable, so if you drop a call to/from a mobile phone, don't be so quick to blame Ooma.

Exactly right. I've had many dropped calls to cells, but the one call that dropped for me was to a landline. Not too bad for almost a year.

Wayne
#28365 by DougInAZ
Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:50 pm
I hate to break the string users that report no-dropped-calls, but it seems my experience is probably closer to the person that started this thread. They seem to be more within my local calling area, but then, I don't make many LD calls. I don't know whether it is the fault of my IP, Cox, or something that ooma can correct, but if I was a heavy user, the dropped call rate would be a problem for me.
#28613 by tailwheel
Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:11 pm
Just to maybe provide another data point on this - I had my first dropped call today on my hub (using since 3/09). I was talking to someone in my local calling area who has TW digital phone. We were talking and then silence. I didn't get a dial tone, waited about 10 seconds, hung up and dialed again. After that, no problem. I suppose it could have been TW. Don't know.
#28751 by von
Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:24 pm
I have never had any dropped calls until I transferred my number to the telo.

For the firs time that I can ever recall, I have had 2 dropped calls, both this month (october) both made to the same number
in area code (702) las Vegas...

I live in Massachusetts area code (617)
#29024 by mjv5864
Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:30 am
My folks have dropped calls everyday. The have basic ATT dry loop. They live in Connecticut. Also, when they call me, the Multi Ring does not forward the call to my cell as it does with non ooma callers.