This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#27009 by MikeekiM
Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:23 pm
Nice...Looks like a lot of you have absolutely zero dropped calls...

I guess I may want to look into two things... Either take a look at my QoS setting on my router...or perhaps place my hub between my modem and router and let Ooma handle the QoS...
#27018 by murphy
Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:00 pm
MikeekiM wrote:Nice...Looks like a lot of you have absolutely zero dropped calls...

I guess I may want to look into two things... Either take a look at my QoS setting on my router...or perhaps place my hub between my modem and router and let Ooma handle the QoS...

My hub is behind my router.
#27026 by MikeekiM
Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:34 pm
Have you done anything special on setting your QoS?

Not sure why I get so many drops...
#27082 by MakoCSH
Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:33 pm
No dropped calls for me.

I have QoS set in my WRT54GS using Tomato firmware, but even with no QoS I've never had a dropped call.

I have had times where I had to hang up and call back due to bad connection, but that's very rare (maybe once every 3 months).
#27109 by just4fn
Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:45 pm
No dropped calls for me.
#27210 by WayneDsr
Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:03 am
For the first time ever, I had a dropped call on my hub today. They may be upgrading the system today, but I was on a call for about one minute when I suddenly heard dialtone. I called back and all was well after that.

Wayne
#27211 by MikeekiM
Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:12 am
Yes...that's what I get when I get dropped calls... Silence, followed shortly by the Ooma dailtone...
#28267 by byersthja
Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:58 pm
I'm a new Ooma user, but no dropped calls as of yet. We all know that mobile phones aren't always reliable, so if you drop a call to/from a mobile phone, don't be so quick to blame Ooma.