This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#26891 by MikeekiM
Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:12 pm
OK... Not sure if you all track this, but I am tracking my dropped calls in an Excel spreadsheet...and I am able to track my total calls in "My Ooma"...

So just so we are consistent, this is how I am calculating my drop call rate for a given period:

(Dropped Calls) Divided by (Total Incoming Calls + Total Outgoing Calls - Total Dropped Calls)

I take out dropped calls from the denominator because I assume that when you experience a dropped call, that you call that person right back...so if you keep them in, it'll be double counting... Missed calls are also excluded in the denominator...

My current dropped call rate based on this equation is 2.2% (I calculated this for August, September and October, as well as for just the month of October, and came up with the same 2.2% result)
#26906 by murphy
Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:12 am
Mine is 0. I've never had a dropped call.
#26910 by ram104
Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:24 am
I too have never had a dropped call. I have had times when service was down, but that was due to Comcast being down.
#26952 by arkumar15
Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:20 am
I didn't calculate as MikeekiM did. But i have recently seen several dropped calls with the telo and never with hub. Last night, i was able to receive calls but no outgoing calls. So I powercycled the telo and now it is working fine.
#26956 by jmassimilla
Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:46 am
Both of my hub/scout combos have been flawless...never a dropped call.
#27001 by circlef
Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:54 am
Two systems here and never a dropped call on either. :D

Alan