This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#25926 by davek
Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:00 am
So we are REAL NEW to the Ooooma, so I apologize if I am just missing something....

My wife just called and said in the last three calls she made, 5-10 minutes into them, the person she called had their voice disappear, however, they could still hear my wife. So I called her back, we talked, and at exactly 10:50 into the call, she could no longer hear me, but I could hear her just fine. I noticed nothing until she started saying, "Dave, are you still there??" but she said that the sound goes to absolute silence on her end. She is the one with the Ooooma.

Our system is a DSL modem into Oooma and then back to the Scout. I ran the VoIP test and got a pretty good score. Where should I go on this???
#26126 by davek
Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:14 am
OK, I re-wired my DSL to isolate the "DSL" and the "Phone" lines, as described in my other post about Hairy audio post.

The "hairy" audio is gone. So far in two calls longer than 10 minutes, we have had no problems. So that does seem to have it licked.

We are still using the Scout. But the Telo and Handset is on the way, and we will be switching that in on Friday I think!
#29526 by rspear
Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:16 pm
Hi,

I am having the identical problem. Every 11 mins or so the voice cuts off for anywhere from 25 to 45 seconds. I decided to stay home and attend an all day class and it has been happening like clockwork. My husband checked all the connections and I even made a test call to my cell phone from my Ooma phone and sure enough - when we were close to 11 mins, one could not hear any audio on the Ooma phone. I do not have a Scout, I just use the Ooma hub and I have cable.

Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.
#29541 by murphy
Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:11 pm
What is your configuration? It sounds like a router renewing the lease for it's IP address every 11 minutes. That would mean the lease was issued for 22 minutes. The renewal normally happens when the lease time is half exhausted.
#30233 by rspear
Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:03 pm
Thanks for the quick reply. The cable modem to the house goes to a linksys switch, from switch to an Apple airport. Then upstairs from another Apple airport to another linksys switch and from there to Ooma hub and then to phone. After your response, I completely bypassed the wireless part and took a long cable directly from the first linksys switch to my Ooma hub. Wasn't sure what config to change as the phone wouldn't work, so went back to the Apple airport and now miraculously its working. Thanks for your help. Not sure what fixed it.