This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#25511 by gtdurham
Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:28 pm
Over the past week, any time I made a call that went over 20-25 minutes, the call gets dropped and it appears that I lose my internet connection. I wait for a few seconds and then I'm able to make the call again. Is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere?
#25518 by southsound
Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:11 pm
If you could tell us some information about your configuration and phones we might be able to help.

- Do you have cable or DSL?
- Do you have a landline integrated with your ooma?
- Is your ooma between your modem and router or after the router?
- What kind of phones do you use? 2.4ghz, 5.8ghz, DECT 6.0 or corded?
- What is connected to the wall jack on your hub?
- Are the numbers that disconnect in only one area code and do all calls disconnect after 20+ minutes or do some work fine?
- Do incoming and outgoing calls act the same - in other words are you able to have a long incoming call where an outgoing one is a problem?

I know that sounds like a lot of questions but it will help us help you. And even before we get you going 100%, welcome to ooma. Lots of great people on the forum who can give you assistance. :cool:
#25521 by gtdurham
Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:35 pm
I have cable
I don't have an integrated land line
My ooma is behind a linksys wrt54g router running dd-wrt
I have a 5.8ghz cordless phone
I'm not using a wall jack. The cordless phone is connected directly to the ooma hub
The disconnects appear in various area codes
I haven't noticed disconnects on incoming calls. I usually make the long calls.

Hope this helps.
#25523 by southsound
Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:46 pm
I'm going to let some of ther others try to give help as I'm more familiar with DSL than cable - but one thing that stands out is that you lose your Internet at the same time the call is dropped. If the Internet went down for a second, that alone would drop the call. I know that some 5.8ghz phones use 2.4ghz for signalling. Could you try the calls with a corded phone? This might eliminate a potential source of problem. I have a 2.4ghz Plantronics that absolutely clobbers my wireless and maybe this is happening to you as well. It doesn't happen all the time - just when the Plantronics switches channel and it overrides my wireless signal.

It's pretty late tonight but by AM I'm sure you have some additional responses.
#25527 by murphy
Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:56 am
Have you configured the ooma to use the built in MAC address as opposed to automatic? If it's on automatic, change it to use built in.
#25580 by gtdurham
Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Could having a second 2.4ghz phone that I have nearby be causing this problem? I have unplugged this phone to see if it makes a difference.
#25582 by niknak
Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:03 pm
...Could having a second 2.4ghz phone that I have nearby be causing this problem...

yes