This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#35369 by ecb
Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:33 pm
I am having same problem with Clear. I just got this last week but this is disruptive enough that I won't be able to continue service with these problems. I will keep checking to see if anyone comes up with a solution over next few days otherwise, i will have to take Ooma back to the store..... :(
#35923 by av8rdude
Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:03 pm
ok...I broke down and switched back to commiecast from clear 4g. It was divorce or fix the phone :) But I did get new account pricing with commiecast of $33/month for 6 months!
Cheers,
Scott
#48268 by RobinsonHome
Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:42 pm
Is there any way to get into an advanced settings mode with the ooma box? I'd like to change the jitter buffer settings as suggested by my ISP. However, the current settings pages do not allow this.

Has anybody else successfully used "clear WiMax" and ooma together?

Thanks,
David
#48309 by amoney
Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:49 pm
RobinsonHome wrote:Is there any way to get into an advanced settings mode with the ooma box? I'd like to change the jitter buffer settings as suggested by my ISP. However, the current settings pages do not allow this.

Has anybody else successfully used "clear WiMax" and ooma together?

Thanks,
David

You can not adjust the buffer, your at the mercy of your ISP infrastucture. As far as WIMAX, wireless technology will always be suceptible to issues.

Possibly Ooma's upcoming Pure Voice will add buffer (redundency) and may help but we will have to wait and see.

Ooma does not recommend wireless broadband.