This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#18653 by scoot
Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:26 pm
Last week I got my old number ported over to ooma. I've rebooted the hub and everything has been working fine for a week. I can make outgoing calls, but the past two days when I dial into our home (ported) number from an outside line, it tells the caller "Sorry, but your call cannot be completed". I've received that message when trying to call in from 5 different numbers.

Does anyone know what is up with the incoming calling? Another forum thread mentioned they we're rebooting a server. But at 7:00PM at night??

Any insight is appreciated.
#18705 by southsound
Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:30 am
scoot wrote:UPDATE: We are able to receive calls to our ooma phone from other landline phones, but not from any mobile phones. I'm not sure about all carriers, but we definitely can't receive calls from Verizon or ATT cell phone.

Like niknak suggested two posts above, this is probably a switching problem at the local partner ooma uses to route calls. You will find the best resolution by calling 888 711-6662 with a record of the attempted calls and times. They may have to escalate to a higher level but it is something a user can do nothing about themselves.