This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#17769 by nrs
Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:23 am
For some time I had call quality issue may be due to ISP or my network set up etc.. All I did the following two weeks back:

1 Reset the ooma to factory setting
2 Put Ooma after modem
3 Just every thing to default setting and no changing the Qos setting etc

I have cable connection and have extreme connection speeds. Five days back I have put the ooma behind the router and the result is same no issues what so ever. I hope it stays the same.

It was nothing but resetting the hub to factory setting and it worked for me.

Just thought to share my latest experience.
#17808 by WayneDsr
Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:16 am
Call quality on cable, even superfast cable can be up and down do to factors other than bandwidth. I'm glad everything is working and quality is excellent.
If call quality goes downward again, I would do a few voip speedtests at http://www.whichvoip.com/voip/speed_test/ppspeed.html and see if your upload and download quality is ok.

Wayne
#17968 by technogranny
Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:07 pm
[b][/b
I've had my Ooma for about a month now and I'm one very happy camper. I had Packet 8 (8X8) for 2 years and although it was OK for a long while, when I switched from a landline based DSL to ATT U-Verse Fiber Optics and my configuration changed from the DSL modem + my own separate Linksys Router to the new all in one Modem/Router that ATT provided, I had nothing but problems. I had to reboot the Packet 8 Hub 2 times a day in order for it to work. Mind you, I wasn't around the house to do this except on weekend; so when people called the house they couldn't get thru. All of this cost me $200/year plus monthly tax on the service. I was due to renew Sept 1 so I decided to spend that $200 on Ooma and that was one of the best moves ever. Not only is the service reliable, but the voice quality absolutely blows away Packet 8.

I see that some newbies have joined us & I just wanted to say "HI" and that you'll be glad you did.

I didn't have any set up issues, just followed instructions. It took about 10 minutes and would have taken less except that I had to move some wires around that are all hidden away in pipes. One thing that I played with was the return wire from the Hub to the Computer. I didn't do that at first & it really didn't make any difference; but when I doubled checked with Tech Support they said it is better to use factory specs so I switched it. It didn't do anything for me because I can't make any adjustments because the adjustment software is Windows based & I have a Mac. But, all is just fine, so no matter.