This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#2324 by Soundjudgment
Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:43 am
Why not simply hook it up as:

DSL Modem ---> Ethernet Router ---> Ooma Hub ---> Telephone?
#2340 by sonpit
Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:21 am
My parents, brother and myself have had ooma for over 6 months without any problems ... until recently. At about the same time we all started having the same problems. The voice would cut out off and on. It usually is out for about 2 to 3 seconds and then returns. This happens when my computer is off or on. Doesn't matter.

I increased my upload speed setting (Quality of Service) to 1,000. My actual upload speed is about 1,700, so I went a little under. 1,000 should be more than enough. I do have a router, but my parents do not.

Last night I had a call where it just wouldn't stop. Other times the calls are fine.

I just think it is weird that all of us started having the same problem (in different states) at the same time without changing anything. Could this be a ooma problem?
#47685 by inacoma
Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:39 pm
I am having same issue. dropped calls, more than before. I also get some loss of voice (I can't hear the other side for 2-3 seconds).

I have the newer TELO...i have tons of upload speed,etc...anyone know if there is a global issue?
#47799 by tivoboy
Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:34 am
I have recently had the issue where the other party CANNOT HEAR me. It comes and goes, but it IS annoying and I cannot figure out the problem.

Setup is Mdem > Rotuer > OOma > Telephone. I have QOS on the router to prioritize the ooma at the top.
#52161 by tkorpus
Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:48 pm
I have also been having this same problem the last couple of weeks or so. The outgoing voice just goes completely silent for a bit and then comes back. Everything had been working perfectly until this started.
#52913 by PJDIII
Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:24 pm
We started having this issue in the past few weeks. I have a 15 Mbps down and 1.2 Mbps Up. QoS turn on etc.. Happens whether or not anyone is on the internet at the same time. I do have the original OOMA and OOMA Scout devices and not the Telo.