Recent call quality issues

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
DevEng

Re: Recent call quality issues

Post by DevEng » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:07 pm

10/30/2018
All those requesting have been moved to east coast server.
::shown below::
slipkid Cancelled account.
uberry51 *
ny2ks *
VtWesley *
Mshuler64 *
jaltomare *
nmussro *
bigmac67 *
dtrapnel *
BigRedDg *
David_G *

Nechama

Post by Nechama » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:17 pm

Please also move me to the East Coast server (even though I'm on the West Coast).

When I make a call using Ooma, it tends to sound fine on my end. However, the person on the other end hears echos and the sound is garbled and it can sound as if I'm in a tunnel. It's gotten so bad that I've started making calls using my cell phone instead. It would be great if I could make usable phone calls with my Ooma!

wrj

Post by wrj » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:55 am

I'm having quality issues where I have to change to my cell phone. I'm not sure what server I'm on but need this fixed. Please move me to the east coast server if I'm not already there. Thank you.

Karmit

Post by Karmit » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:12 pm

Having bad quality issues - other end can hear me but after a few seconds I get garbage/robotic sound or drop. Can you verify I'm on east coast server and move if not?

GGRANT

Post by GGRANT » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:23 pm

I have great high speed cable modem with low jitter. Tried hooking telos to router bad signal and even directly to high speed modem--still bad reception. After lots of troubleshooting a level 3 tech moved me to east coast server ..had some remaining questions the following day. When another tech saw this he insisted I live in Arizona and put me back on the lousy west coast server..can you please move me back to the most reliable/best server you have..I believe the east coast server? I have devoted a LOT of time to this..new telos, Cox cable out and replace modem, wires etc... Even with telos set DIRECTLY to cable modem sound is bad..has to be a setting/server on your side. HELP please. Thanks!

WildAboutMusik

Post by WildAboutMusik » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:51 am

PLEASE, PLEASE add me to be moved to the EAST Coast server, or atleast see if I'm on it - I've talked to 2 'technicians' that 1 said that had to do with your ISP provider and the 1 today just ignored me.
The Echo an delay today is HORRIBLE..... I tried hooking my Ooma direct to modem, I didn't bother testing the call though because it DROPPED my internet speed by more than 1/2!!! Was getting 250-300MBPS, with 'direct' hook up it went DOWN to best of 94.4 Mbps :( not acceptable!
#frustratedcustomer

BlueGhost

Post by BlueGhost » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:58 am

Hello, not sure if the server is the issue here. I have had issues since upgrading from the old Telo to the new Telo and 2 new handsets. My calls sound great but randomly I will get dropped during a call. This is happening a few times a day usually when I have been on a call for 15 minutes or so. When it happens nothing will work until I unplug and plug back in my telo base and wait for it to come back online. Also... Occasionally one handset will work fine but the other will say searching for base. This also corrects with a full reboot. Thanks!

KHammock

Post by KHammock » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:19 pm

Recently the call quality has been terrible. I have 1 GB internet speed which has 40 Mbs upload.
Why can't Ooma upgrade to allow for the higher speed instead of just the Number to 0. I need 40000 on the setting. All of my friends complain to me about dead air sometime. Static, dropped call and everything else. I have read that some readers are talking about the east coast server. I have no idea which one I have. I live on the east coast. I have had Ooma for around 10 years, but it may be time for a change regardless of the cost per month.

chinaski

Post by chinaski » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:58 am

I don't use my OOMA very much, but an issue that continues to linger for a couple years now is nearly every person I call or who calls me, the caller starts to sense I've gone silent. "I tell 'em, no, I'm here," they don't hear me, very quickly after neither can hear one another. I dealt with support about this a while back and they walked me thru an update (it didn't go well during the call and I bet they updated the record to say I need to replace my OOMA but I did a 2nd attempt and was successful). Do I need to get on the east coast server referenced above (I'm in SE VA, US)?

Also, one more issue, and it's far, far less frequent, but equally annoying, When on a call for a few minutes whether I initiate the call or someone else does on their end, after 10+ minutes I get the echo of my voice back in my phone (not an OOMA device). Never had these issues in the early years (~4+) with this OOMA -- have same ISP (100down/10up), same home.

malbritt

Post by malbritt » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:23 am

Also having call quality issues. There are periods of silence while talking and strings of information are not transmitted. Have excellent upload and download capabilities relative to what’s required by Ooma.