This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#12786 by scottlindner
Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:00 pm
MCSFIP wrote:I have tried many different QOS settings both on the up and download. I have started high and gradually brought them down with no appreciable difference if not a worsening of the quality. I have reset the hub to the factoty defaults and that seems to work as well or better than other settings. Sometimes the quality is near flawless and other times very poor. The weak point of my voip test is the download quality and high max. TCP delay. I took my hub to the ISP here and hooked it directly to their service. The test were generally very favorable with a few 75-85 QOS but mostly high 90's. The broadband is sent wirelessly to them and then dispursed wirelessly to their clients. My house is served by a backhaul which is shared by about 50 other customers. I am thinking about having a dedicated backhaul mounted to bypass them and get a direct link to the source. Any thoughts

Are you having a problem managing your Internet usage's QoS, or QoS of your ISP? What I am getting at is, if you have a problem with your ISP, adjusting the QoS in any router will not fix it. Have you tried using Ooma with nothing connected to your Internet but just Ooma? No computers at all. Do you still have problems with phone calls? If you do, your QoS settings are not going to help you. If you don't and the only time you have QoS problems with Ooma is when you have computers and other network equipment connected, then we can start talking about QoS settings and other network configurations.

Scott
#25873 by dtalwar
Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:50 am
What are your upstream and downstream speeds supposed to be? If you aren't getting the speeds that your ISP promises, then it is best to call them first.