This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#111244 by iamthe1
Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:09 am
I have the HD2 headset. I got it the day it came out. before that I had the 1st gen ooma telo handset. I was happy they FINALLY added in a headset jack on the HD2, however, when I use my jabra headset on it, I get complaints from the people I'm speaking with that they can barely hear me and that I am very muffled. When I use the EXACT SAME headset with my Uniden phone (connected to ooma), call quality is crystal clear. In this day and age, I'm very frustrated that Ooma can't seem to do something as simple as headset clarity with their headset jack. I had this problem when I first got my hd2 and was told it was a KNOWN ISSUE with the HD2 and would correct itself with SW upgrades over time as they worked out the bugs.

Well, guess what.......BUGS ARE STILL THERE..........Call Clarity with a headset is still very poor..........I bought this stupid thing so that I COULD USE A HEADSET.............IT'S THE ONLY REASON I UPGRADED!!!..........

Very frustrated here.
#112998 by iamthe1
Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:44 am
thunderbird wrote:iamthe1:
Ooma has fixed the HD2 handset Headset audio volume problem several times. But every time Ooma does a firmware update, the corrections seem to disappear and our headsets become useless again.

Send Ooma Moderator (Engineer) Tony C. an E-mail memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=195 describing your problem.

Hello Tony,

Any update on this? If I can't use a headset with it......I don't want it. That's the entire reason I upgraded to the HD2 in the first place. It's not like using a headset with a cordless phone is new technology. Really can't understand why Ooma still has issues.

Please let me know when this will be fixed.
#114093 by Tony
Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:47 am
iamthe1 and cdh,

Let me know the brand and model of headsets you are using. I will test them.

I would like to know the brand and model of handsets that you are using with the headsets for my reference.