This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#109269 by ege bamyasi
Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:52 pm
On several occasions I've been in a conversation when the other party has had to take another call. I get placed on hold and after less than a minute, the call disconnects and I hear the Ooma dial tone. The other party has then had to call me back. Does Ooma have an automatic cutoff if no conversation is detected by whatever software they are running? If so, it takes effect far too quickly. Ten minutes, at least, would be appropriate. These calls were cut off at less than two minutes of hold time.
#109456 by Tom
Thu May 02, 2013 6:49 pm
Some upstream carrier may be doing silence suppression even though we've notified them in the SIP message that we want this disabled.
#109551 by ege bamyasi
Mon May 06, 2013 12:28 pm
I have it before the router.

Lately, it hasn't happened much, also the call quality has improved a bit. Not that it was "bad", but at first I heard a few digital artifact type sounds. Not much anymore.