This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#108282 by 159515100
Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:10 am
I just purchased two HD2 handsets and so far are less than thrilled with them. I had (and still am) been using a vtech cordless phone system that works perfectly and has been sound quality and a much better range than the new HD2 handsets. As a side note, the base unit for the vtech system and the Ooma system are in the same room so it is easy to compare. I took one of the HD2 handsets outside on my patio which as the crow flies is probably about 50 feet from the Ooma base unit and the call quality was so bad I had to come inside of the house. I then took one of my vtech cordless phones outside to the same spot and the call quality was perfect. Is there something that can be done on my end to improve the call quality on the HD2 handsets or am I simply stuck with an inferior product?
#108303 by lbmofo
Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:09 pm
Have you tried putting the Telo at the same spot as the Vtech base station to see if it makes any difference?