This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#108169 by Pi-Oui
Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:12 am
I loose sometimes conversations (1 sec) and there is a big delay... I have tried a lot of things with tech... ;-(

Di I return the Telo or there is some hopes.

When I call local, the receiver has often on his phone (ID Caller)

0111- area code- phone number.... very strange

The first 2 months were very good!
#108224 by thunderbird
Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:49 pm
Pi-Oui wrote:I loose sometimes conversations (1 sec) and there is a big delay... I have tried a lot of things with tech... ;-(

Di I return the Telo or there is some hopes.

When I call local, the receiver has often on his phone (ID Caller)

0111- area code- phone number.... very strange

The first 2 months were very good!

Run http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ to see how your modem and Internet connection is doing. Then click on the Advance tab on the lower left side of the Phonepower page, and post the following values here in this thread, by clicking on "Quote" in the upper right hand corner of this Ooma Forum post. Then fill in the blanks.

Download Speed: ________________
Upload Speed: ________________
Download Consistency of Service ________
Upload Consistency of Service _________
Maximum TCP Delay _____________
Jitter you server __________
Jitter server you _________
Packet loss: you server_______
Packet loss: server you ______
Packet discards _________
Packets out of order _________
Estimated MOS score ________
#108291 by Pi-Oui
Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:58 pm
thunderbird wrote:
Pi-Oui wrote:I loose sometimes conversations (1 sec) and there is a big delay... I have tried a lot of things with tech... ;-(

Di I return the Telo or there is some hopes.

When I call local, the receiver has often on his phone (ID Caller)

0111- area code- phone number.... very strange

The first 2 months were very good!

Run http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ to see how your modem and Internet connection is doing. Then click on the Advance tab on the lower left side of the Phonepower page, and post the following values here in this thread, by clicking on "Quote" in the upper right hand corner of this Ooma Forum post. Then fill in the blanks.

Download Speed: _______8494_kbps________
Upload Speed: _______1578__kbps_______
Download Consistency of Service ____73%____
Upload Consistency of Service ___98 %______
Maximum TCP Delay _____501 ms________
Jitter you server ____0.4 ms______
Jitter server you ___86.2 ms______
Packet loss: you server___0 %____
Packet loss: server you ___0 %___
Packet discards __0 %_______
Packets out of order __0 %_______
Estimated MOS score _____1.8___
#108292 by thunderbird
Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:03 pm
Pi-Oui:
Download Consistency of Service ____73%____.....Is usually around 80% but would probably work okay
Maximum TCP Delay _____501 ms________..........Should be less then 100 ms
Jitter server you ___86.2 ms______..................Should be less then 5 ms
Estimated MOS score _____1.8___....................Is usually around 4 or more.

The out of limit readings above are probably a sign of a malfunctioning modem or malfunctioning Internet signal.

Check your Modem owner's manual and see if there is a reset procedure. If so do the Modem Reset procedure per the Modem Owner's manual. Some Modems contain a battery, which must be temporarily removed to have a successful Modem Reset or Reboot. Check the Modem owner's manual to see if there is a battery in the modem and how to temporarily remove it. Then do the Modem Reset. If there is no Modem reset procedure, do a Modem reboot. Then test.

Check the Internet cable coming in from the street to your Modem for condition, splices and splitters and loose fittings. Correct as necessary. If possible, temporarily try to bypass any spices or splitters to see if that makes a difference. Then Test.

If none of these things helps, try another Modem.

If another Modem doesn’t help, contact your Internet provider.
#108413 by VEGGIEIB2
Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:32 pm
I too am seriously considering giving ooma the boot! no help from customer service. call quality is horrendous! ooma says it's internet's (att) fault & att says it's ooma's fault. it is pitiful, I will get rid of both!
#108414 by thunderbird
Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:22 am
VEGGIEIB2 wrote:I too am seriously considering giving ooma the boot! no help from customer service. call quality is horrendous! ooma says it's internet's (att) fault & att says it's ooma's fault. it is pitiful, I will get rid of both!

Run http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ to see how your modem and Internet connection is doing. Then click on the Advance tab on the lower left side of the Phonepower page, and post the following values here in this thread, by clicking on "Quote" in the upper right hand corner of this Ooma Forum post. Then fill in the blanks.

Download Speed: ________________
Upload Speed: ________________
Download Consistency of Service ________
Upload Consistency of Service _________
Maximum TCP Delay _____________
Jitter you server __________
Jitter server you _________
Packet loss: you server_______
Packet loss: server you ______
Packet discards _________
Packets out of order _________
Estimated MOS score ________
#108417 by Pi-Oui
Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:53 am
Hi Thunderbird,

I received a new telo and it's seems that I have no more lost of conversation ;-) But I have some delays !
I do the speedtest and it's variable: TCP delays do sometimes below 100 and sometimes over 300 ! Is it the reason for the delays ? Then it might be my modem or internet connexion ?

Thank you very much for your assistance...

For my part, the client's services was great!
#108418 by lbmofo
Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:58 am
VEGGIEIB2, post your test results. Likely your Internet is terrible like Pi-Oui's.
#108433 by thunderbird
Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:37 am
Pi-Oui wrote:Hi Thunderbird,

I received a new telo and it's seems that I have no more lost of conversation ;-) But I have some delays !
I do the speedtest and it's variable: TCP delays do sometimes below 100 and sometimes over 300 ! Is it the reason for the delays ? Then it might be my modem or internet connexion ?

Thank you very much for your assistance...

For my part, the client's services was great!

Both Ooma Telos were probably fine.

You need to do the process that I suggested in an earlier post to check your Modem and Internet.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests