This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#87391 by buddy
Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:47 am
Hi thunderbird,
thanks for the info however that firmware is for telo not the hub. I have a white unit and my last firmware is 48465. Ooma CSR say that the engineering dept has stopped supporting the hub and all new firmware updates are for the new units in black.

UPDATE:
My ISP came out yesterday. The tech said that when he connected behind the ooma, latency increased but with no packet loss. He replaced the modem for me. I moved my ooma in front of the router and reset my router settings. I made a couple of calls and things are ok so far. Last night, I changed the Upstream Internet Speed to my current speed based upon tests done on speedtest.net. This morning I tried to call Ooma 8887116662 and pressed 1 but the call did not advance.

I logged back into Ooma settings and reset the Upstream Internet Speed to 384 default and waited a couple of minutes. My call to Ooma connected correctly shortly thereafter. Will post more results later.