This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#9249 by wowser
Thu May 07, 2009 7:28 am
This is happening more and more: I make or get a call on my Ooma. Everything sounds great and after 10 or so minutes, the person on the other end says, "hello, can you hear me? I don't hear you." I can hear them fine.

I have 18 mb/s down and .48 mb/s up speed on cable as tested on speedtest.

Setup is MODEM > ROUTER > Oooma. I've tried resetting the Ooma. This has started in the last few months. The previous 8 months with Ooma have been perfect (aside from the Ooma outage).

Thanks for you help.
#9292 by Neubiee
Thu May 07, 2009 5:13 pm
wowser:
has your problem been resolved? try doing a hard reset as well.

1- unplug the ooma.
2-press and HOLD the tab on the hub.
3-plug the power back in CONTINUE to hold the tab down for another 30 secs and then let go.
Give it about 3-4 minutes for it to completely come back up.

If that doesn't work.. call CS and please post your results! thanks
#11844 by radoave
Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:40 pm
I just had this occur today for the first time with ooma - everything is fine, all of the sudden I hear the person on the other line ask if I was still there, they could not hear me? I could hear them just fine... all came back after about 10-15 seconds, but definitely annoying, and concerning.

I am monitoring these types of events, so far very few problems with my ooma and spend lots of time on the phone... but its not bulletproof service yet.
#11905 by southsound
Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:48 pm
radoave wrote:I just had this occur today for the first time with ooma - everything is fine, all of the sudden I hear the person on the other line ask if I was still there, they could not hear me? I could hear them just fine... all came back after about 10-15 seconds, but definitely annoying, and concerning.

I am monitoring these types of events, so far very few problems with my ooma and spend lots of time on the phone... but its not bulletproof service yet.

The best way to resolve the problem is to check your phone logs and note the number of the person to whom you were talking when the outgoing went dead along with the date and time. Then call ooma's support number 888 711-6662 with the information. They can do some checking of their own and might find a problem with their partner who completes the call. Were the calls outgoing or incoming? Are they all in the same area code? Maybe you could describe your service and your connection to your network? Some of us can possibly help with the latter information, but only ooma can do the tracking with the call data. I would highly recommend followup with ooma support.
#11931 by Aveamantium
Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:27 am
One way audio is typically the result of NAT... Do you have your ooma behind your router? If so, do you have any ports forwarded or tried putting the ooma in the DMZ of your router as a test?
#11986 by HankJones
Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:37 pm
Had my OOMA 2 months now. For the first 3 weeks everything was working rock solid so much that i canceled my landline. Ever since then, i started getting one way audio and garbeled voice. Every few calls, they other end loses my audio or gets garbeled voice. I never have a problem hearing them.