This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#106801 by superboiler
Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:12 am
We have a hub and scout. We have had it for about three years...for the most part it has been working fine. It has been installed behind a Netgear R6300 router for about two months and working fine.

Just last Friday, I noticed no incoming calls . Just a busy signal.

Tried serveral things to get it solved but nothing has worked
- powering off cable modem, router, hub and scout..numourous times
- left hub and scout off overnight -read this in forum to give Ooma time to reset
- moved hub before router (connect right into cable modem)

So far nothing has worked. Outgoing calls are fine. Nothing coming in for four days. Note I have an older Hub and Scout but hopefully this would not matter (even though they wants Hubs upgraded to Telo).

Other ideals? It seems like an Ooma problem.
#106803 by WayneDsr
Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:17 am
I don't have a fix for your issue, but I have noticed echo on calls with the hub I've never had before. I wonder if this is related somehow?

Wayne
#106817 by thunderbird
Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:49 pm
I wonder if this feature has been activated?
"Send-to-voicemail (envelope button) - Press-and-hold for two seconds to turn Do not Disturb on or off (a solid light indicates that all calls are sent directly to voicemail)."
#106819 by WayneDsr
Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:56 pm
Phone could be off hook, or a bad phone cable between the phone and Ooma.
I guess I would ask then if he could call OUT.

Wayne
#106821 by WayneDsr
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:20 pm
Since the callers are getting a busy signal DND has no part in this. Something is off hook.

Wayne
#106826 by thunderbird
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:53 pm
WayneDsr wrote:Since the callers are getting a busy signal DND has no part in this. Something is off hook.

Wayne

The busy signal was probably when attempting to call out. Remember Tom B. said that there was a logged voicemail message.

But you are right, the Ooma Hub could be defective, the phone or phone lines could be defective. If the Ooma Hub is powered and there is a fast busy heard when calling outbound, the Internet signal could be missing.