This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#105462 by mkcl
Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:45 am
I make a call out. I hear the normal Ooma dial tone and then dial out. The line is busy. But instead of hearing a busy signal, I hear one long tone and then silence. I don't know what going on and so I call again and same thing. Long tone and then silence on the line. I have to use my cell phone to call that same number to realize the line is busy. I tested that with my own landland with AT&T by taking the phone off the hook to hear the same long tone and silence when I try to call my AT&T landline. Is this a bug or a feature?
#105463 by Tom
Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:19 am
This is bug 15454 and is fixed in the next release.
#105469 by Tom
Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:29 pm
Your unit has been upgraded to the beta with the fix.
#105655 by Tom
Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:00 am
The release 65208 with this fix has started going out.
#105867 by azkatey
Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:16 am
I have the same issue. Cannot hear a busy signal when a call a phone number that is busy. How do I upgrade the Ooma software to the beta version?
#105872 by Tom
Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:39 am
The release is being pushed out over the next 10 days. You can't pull the release, except by calling support and saying you urgently need some fix. Your unit has been upgraded.
#105916 by Poindexter
Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:35 pm
I"m having a similar busy problem when I call someone except that their phone will "ring". Sometimes it will ring a few times before the busy signal activates and sometimes it will just ring numerous times and then everything goes silent.

Since I'm new what do you mean it is being rolled out.. When a "fix" happens does the fix take place automatically or am I supposed to do something?
#105923 by murphy
Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:07 am
Updates are automatic. "Rolled out" means that they are in the process of updating the firmware in all of the Telos that are in customers hands. Due to the number of Telos involved and the time required to do the update it takes around 10 days to do them all. You do not have to do anything. If you see the lights on your Telo start flashing indicating that the Telo is rebooting, do not try to "fix" it.