This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#105496 by InTheAir
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:05 am
Thanks Thunderbird.

The base I am using has been in service with Bell Canada POTS for years with no delay. I have only one base running when testing. I do agree that it is related to the base but why the 6219 and 6229 but not the 6519 and why only when connected to the Telo???

Paul
#105523 by InTheAir
Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:55 pm
OK, I tested with all bases unpowered except the one I was testing. I even disabled the Telo DECT. no luck... still delay. I'll try third level support and report back. I hope this works, I'm taking heat for moving to Ooma.
#105587 by InTheAir
Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:45 pm
Wow, not sure I should have switched to Ooma!

A gentleman named Norm from third level support was curt and not very helpful. He refused to do anything and just told me my vtech phone wasn't compatible. When I asked him about a list of phones that are compatible with the Telo he said there wasn't one :shock: . When I asked him where on the Ooma's website does it tell me that some wireless phones don't work with the Telo he said there wasn't one. Now I an stuck with a perfectly working (when it was on Bell) 7 handset phone system (purchased a few years ago) that won't work with the Telo. :x :x :x

How do I even replace it when I don't know what works????? :cry: :cry: :cry:

I still think it is Ooma's fault not the vtech base because a phone, is a phone, is a phone. That jack on the back of the Telo should be like any jack my old provider had.

signed,
unhappy customer.

Edit: I just found this on the Ooma website:

Will the Ooma system work with my cordless phone set?

Definitely! Ooma will work with any home phone, corded or cordless. Just plug the cordless phone base
station into your Ooma system and enjoy free calling on all of your handsets.

What a load!
#105596 by lbmofo
Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:48 pm
InTheAir, seems like you are trying to use multiple DECT 6.0 phone systems together with Ooma?

If you connect a wired phone directly to Telo, you don't have issues?

Maybe the multiple DECT 6.0 phones are interfering with each other. Out of the 3 phone systems you have, pick 1 and turn off the bases for the other 2. Also, take the batteries out of the handsets meant for the bases turned off. This way, you have 1 cordless system up at a time. Try it connected directly to Telo and see if you have problems. If no issues, try turning on 1 more system and test....
#105609 by Tony
Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:43 pm
Andre 101: what is the phone brand and model you are using?

InTheAir: I tried with a VTech DS6522 I have in hand, there is no delay problem. I am going to get a Vtech 6219 or 6229 and try it out. I will follow up in this forum thread.
#105613 by InTheAir
Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:25 pm
Hi lbmofo,

I do have three DECT 6.0 bases but I have tried each individually. The 6219 and 6229 (which use the same handsets) both have the delay but the newer 6519 seems OK, but it only has two handsets ( I got it free with a recent Staples order).

If I connect a wired phone to the Telo it is fine, no delay.

Hi Tony,

It would be great if you could try the same model as I have... one problem though is that mine is a couple of years old.

Thanks All.
#105615 by lbmofo
Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:28 pm
InTheAir wrote:I do have three DECT 6.0 bases but I have tried each individually.

When trying individually, did you take out the battery from the unused handsets in addition to unplugging the unused bases?
#105616 by Tony
Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:31 pm
InTheAir wrote:Hi Tony,
It would be great if you could try the same model as I have... one problem though is that mine is a couple of years old.

Yep, I am getting a 6219. I should receive it next week and will try it.
#105619 by InTheAir
Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:40 pm
Ibmofo, Yes, I did.

One thing I forgot to mention was that the CS6219 with 7 handsets was running fine on my Bell Canada land line forever. I just unplugged the base from Bell and plugged it into the Ooma Telo and the delay started.

Thanks