Echo of my voice on particular numbers

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
thunderbird
Posts: 6388
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Echo of my voice on particular numbers

Post by thunderbird » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:14 am


dlong
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:52 pm
Location: Sometime a while back, a caveman used it

Re: Echo of my voice on particular numbers

Post by dlong » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:38 pm

Hollywood wrote:
computerdoc wrote: Add me too. last month or so, just to one person. The other person is on an ATT cell phone. I have a Panasonic DECT6 phone. I hear the sentence I say right after I say it, and it's only to this caller.
Add me too. I get a strong 2-3 second echo from only one person that I call daily. If they call me, I do not get the echo. The other person has a landline with Panasonic DECT6 phones. I have a Panasonic DECT6 phone and original Ooma hub with Ooma Primer (since 2009).

Hope this is fixed. I've had this twice before. They've fixed it, and it came back again. *29 doesn't work anymore. Grrr.
-

thunderbird
Posts: 6388
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Echo of my voice on particular numbers

Post by thunderbird » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:16 pm

dlong wrote:
Hollywood wrote:
computerdoc wrote: Add me too. last month or so, just to one person. The other person is on an ATT cell phone. I have a Panasonic DECT6 phone. I hear the sentence I say right after I say it, and it's only to this caller.
Add me too. I get a strong 2-3 second echo from only one person that I call daily. If they call me, I do not get the echo. The other person has a landline with Panasonic DECT6 phones. I have a Panasonic DECT6 phone and original Ooma hub with Ooma Primer (since 2009).

Hope this is fixed. I've had this twice before. They've fixed it, and it came back again. *29 doesn't work anymore. Grrr.
-
To help with the echo problem try this procedure. So far one person has reported that this procedure has helped him.

Dial *#*#301 and see if going to the old handset version 60080 firmware helps. Entering *#*#301 will cause the Ooma Telo to shut down and then do a reboot while it's loading the old Ooma Telo Handset version 60080 firmware. If you dial *#*#301 and get a beep, the Ooma Telo will reboot. If you dial *#*#301 and get a busy signal, the Ooma Telo is already in the old handset mode.

Be sure to power cycle the Modem after you do this procedure.

dlong
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:52 pm
Location: Sometime a while back, a caveman used it

Re: Echo of my voice on particular numbers

Post by dlong » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:10 am

Thunderbird, I don't have a Telo. I have the OLD Ooma hub. I'm also a Premier member.

thunderbird
Posts: 6388
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Echo of my voice on particular numbers

Post by thunderbird » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:14 pm

dlong wrote:Thunderbird, I don't have a Telo. I have the OLD Ooma hub. I'm also a Premier member.
Remove power from your Modem, then repower your Modem, and quickly test.

computerdoc
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:23 pm

Re: Echo of my voice on particular numbers

Post by computerdoc » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:55 pm

I have more numbers now that I am getting echo on. I've been in level 3 support for a while. It doesn't seem as if they have a handle on this problem.

thunderbird
Posts: 6388
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: Echo of my voice on particular numbers

Post by thunderbird » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:06 am

computerdoc wrote:I have more numbers now that I am getting echo on. I've been in level 3 support for a while. It doesn't seem as if they have a handle on this problem.
Some people have had success by asking third level Ooma Support to roll back their recent Firmware update.

computerdoc
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:23 pm

Re: Echo of my voice on particular numbers

Post by computerdoc » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:25 am

They rolled back my firmware change and it didn't help.

I had perfect performance for many months and in the last month or 2 this change occurred. Something has changed in Ooma technology to induce this problem.

Post Reply