This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#100228 by dlong
Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:38 pm
Hollywood wrote:
computerdoc wrote:Add me too. last month or so, just to one person. The other person is on an ATT cell phone. I have a Panasonic DECT6 phone. I hear the sentence I say right after I say it, and it's only to this caller.

Add me too. I get a strong 2-3 second echo from only one person that I call daily. If they call me, I do not get the echo. The other person has a landline with Panasonic DECT6 phones. I have a Panasonic DECT6 phone and original Ooma hub with Ooma Primer (since 2009).

Hope this is fixed. I've had this twice before. They've fixed it, and it came back again. *29 doesn't work anymore. Grrr.
-
#100240 by thunderbird
Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:16 pm
dlong wrote:
Hollywood wrote:
computerdoc wrote:Add me too. last month or so, just to one person. The other person is on an ATT cell phone. I have a Panasonic DECT6 phone. I hear the sentence I say right after I say it, and it's only to this caller.

Add me too. I get a strong 2-3 second echo from only one person that I call daily. If they call me, I do not get the echo. The other person has a landline with Panasonic DECT6 phones. I have a Panasonic DECT6 phone and original Ooma hub with Ooma Primer (since 2009).

Hope this is fixed. I've had this twice before. They've fixed it, and it came back again. *29 doesn't work anymore. Grrr.
-

To help with the echo problem try this procedure. So far one person has reported that this procedure has helped him.

Dial *#*#301 and see if going to the old handset version 60080 firmware helps. Entering *#*#301 will cause the Ooma Telo to shut down and then do a reboot while it's loading the old Ooma Telo Handset version 60080 firmware. If you dial *#*#301 and get a beep, the Ooma Telo will reboot. If you dial *#*#301 and get a busy signal, the Ooma Telo is already in the old handset mode.

Be sure to power cycle the Modem after you do this procedure.
#100809 by thunderbird
Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:06 am
computerdoc wrote:I have more numbers now that I am getting echo on. I've been in level 3 support for a while. It doesn't seem as if they have a handle on this problem.

Some people have had success by asking third level Ooma Support to roll back their recent Firmware update.
#100814 by computerdoc
Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:25 am
They rolled back my firmware change and it didn't help.

I had perfect performance for many months and in the last month or 2 this change occurred. Something has changed in Ooma technology to induce this problem.