This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#98820 by dagnasty
Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:01 pm
My old Ooma Hub has been down since before 9pm ET here in Central NJ. Red blinking light - internet is fine obviously.
What's more disturbing is that I can't retrieve voicemail from my.ooma.com either. That part of the website is returning some serious webserver errors:

"Ruby on Rails application could not be started"

Followed by lots of server verbiage...... NOT good. :o
Been very very happy with my Ooma service. But when it rains, seems it pours for them....
Maybe they tend to take vacation all at the same time??

"Error message:
Permission denied - /oomashare/www/myooma/log/myooma2-eqix-sv4.log
Exception class:
Errno::EACCES
Application root:
/oomashare/www/myooma "
#98831 by GMOOMA
Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:30 am
Apparently, Ooma is trying to test/rollout new firmware (60118?) and there seems to be issues so they might roll this one back.. for now. I think Ooma should at least try to send you an email alert that your Ooma device will be updated witin a 24 hour window and that your service might be down during the process.. just to have it done randomly seems a consumer complaint waiting to happen, especially with all the new customers gained by recent promotions.

** Consumers have no way of knowing if they are being pushed a firmware update and might think there is a random crash/issue & unplug the ooma during this process (not good), so.. a consumer alert might be the best policy to let them know NOT to unplug it during this process and risk having the OOMA bricked... maybe a network update light flashing can cue the consumer in NOT to unplug the ooma on the next gen of Ooma. Or at least a ROBOcall by ooma alerting you..