This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#99928 by thunderbird
Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:12 pm
rodnw wrote:On Wednesday of last week all calls to my main number and 2nd line (premier) started going directly into voicemail without ringing the phones. I talked to Ooma and they said they flipped a switch but now no matter which line you call both the main and 2nd phone lines ring at the same time and you can answer the calls on either line no matter which number is being dialed. Phone calls to the 2nd line all end up in my main number voicemail. Today voicemail is no longer working as the phones just ring and ring with no voicemail pickup. Also the calls are no longer being forwarded to my cell phone. Rebooting the telo by leaving it unplugged overnight hasn't improved any of the issues (customer service asked me to try it). Any suggestions?

Power off your Ooma Telo for one hour, then repower your Ooma Telo. This gives the Ooma servers time to rebuild your Ooma profile.
#99930 by murphy
Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:19 pm
WJBertrand wrote:Thanks, is the default configuration set to transmit? If so disabling it is I assume accessible via the set up menu? I wonder if leaving it on transmit could cause problems/interference with my Panasonic DECT 6.0 Plus phones?

The default is transmit.
It will not interfere with your Panasonic phone as long as you don't set the Panasonic base beside the Telo base.
I don't have 60080 so I don't know if the switch is on the setup page yet or not.
#99943 by rpiotro
Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:16 am
murphy wrote:
WJBertrand wrote:What does disabling the DECT transmitter mean?

Disabling the DECT transmitter means it is turned off and no longer transmits.
If you only have the Telo base and no Telo handsets it is pointless to have the DECT transmitter enabled.
Also someone reported taking a Telo to a country where the DECT frequency is used for a different service. He was required to disable the DECT transmitter before the Telo could be used in that country.

Yeah, OK, Fine. Where the heck is that option?
#99944 by 2spirit
Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:58 am
rpiotro wrote:
murphy wrote:
WJBertrand wrote:What does disabling the DECT transmitter mean?

Disabling the DECT transmitter means it is turned off and no longer transmits.
If you only have the Telo base and no Telo handsets it is pointless to have the DECT transmitter enabled.
Also someone reported taking a Telo to a country where the DECT frequency is used for a different service. He was required to disable the DECT transmitter before the Telo could be used in that country.

Yeah, OK, Fine. Where the heck is that option?

My suspicion is that some of the upgrades were dropped form this firmware release. Note that the release was originally 60118 and was regressed to 60080. Just a guess on my part because I don't see that option either.
#99945 by Bobby B
Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:13 am
It's currently hidden and will be exposed on the setup page within the next 2-3 months. If you need to disable the DECT transmitter now, we should be able to disable it for you.

rpiotro wrote:Yeah, OK, Fine. Where the heck is that option?
#100105 by jakematic
Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:30 am
Bluetooth connection to cell phone is very noisy (digital static) after this upgrade.
The caller cannot hear it, but it's almost impossible to carry on a conversation.

Have tried rebooting the Ooma and removing and re-pairing the cell phone.
Cell phone is in the same room and location doesn't make a difference.

Has anyone else seen this ?
#100160 by abqbill
Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:03 am
Hi,

The purpose of the 'Allow access to web interface from WIRELESS port' setting is so that I can access the Ooma setup pages using the wireless adapter's IP address. Configuring port forwarding does not resolve this, because if 'Allow access to web interface from WIRELESS port' is not checked, the Telo does not listen for traffic on port 80 on the wireless adapter.

Bill