This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#97160 by squirrelworks
Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:19 am
Has anyone had issues with the placement of portable phones (not cellular) and the ooma base? I had to replace TVs, dvds, modem, router and ooma due to a lightning strike. The house phone base station is connected directly to ooma and ooma is between the cable modem and router but I am experiencing choppy reception. The new systems all have bluetooth, wireless etc and are in close proximity to each other. Before I physically separate everything, has anyone experienced voice quality issues due to wireless interference?
#97161 by EX Bell
Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:23 am
Everything fried by lightening! That sucks. I'll bet you see the value in surge protectors now. Not only would they have likely protected your equipment (if they hadn't already absorb too many surges) and if they didn't, most surge protector manufacturers will cover your resulting equipment losses.

Strong magnetic fields can be an issue with the Telo. I have experienced this first hand when my wife had placed her Powermat charger right next to the Telo. Phones that are not DECT 6.0 can interfere with WiFi. I also experienced this in my early days and blamed the Telo at first, but soon figured out it was the crap Uniden 5GHz cordless phones. Every time we turned one on, the wireless network just dropped out completely!
Replaced with Panasonic DECT 6.0 (see my signature) and all is well.
#97164 by squirrelworks
Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:15 am
Everything WAS on a surge protector. The lightning strike by-passed the usual route and came in on the satellite cable and in the process fried the cable in two.
So if the phones can cause the WiFi to drop out it’s not stretch for the WiFi to cause interference with the phones. Thanks for the input.