This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#94455 by dplang
Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:45 pm
I’ve been using OOMA for a few years. Recently, a simple, corded GE desk phone I've been using for a few years is experiencing trouble when speed dialing. I have several conference toll free numbers (TFN) programmed into my speed dial. There are times, and it’s becoming more frequent over the last few months, that I use speed dial and it does not dial the correct number. For some of the speed dial numbers, I chain additional numbers and pauses so I can open up a conference line. It’s not uncommon for the conference line service to tell me that I’ve entered the wrong number. Occasionally, speed dialing connects me to some other number. There are times when I speed dial Meeting Place conference lines successfully, but when I manually dial in the access code it will not let me in. It may take 3 or 4 times of redialing the TFN to get in.

I thought my desk phone was degrading, so I purchased a Uniden corded desk phone. It was worse, and it’s just a guess, but it may be because it dials even faster than my old phone. On my second OOMA line I have a newer Vtec bases station with multiple wireless handsets. I programmed in a couple numbers and again had spotty success dialing, and I could not chain additional numbers and pauses with success.

I have Premier Service, a OOMA hub, and Charter service with 15MB up/3MB down. Does anyone have ideas on how to resolve this speed dialing issue I’m experiencing?
#95603 by thunderbird
Sun May 06, 2012 12:18 pm
dplang:
I had GE cordless phones when I first purchased our Ooma Telo, and they didn't work.

Maybe you should think about trying some other brand phones?