This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#94425 by beorach
Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:30 pm
What are the best troubleshooting tips? I saw someone said to power down the ooma telo for over 20 minutes so that's the latest I'll try. I figure the computer sounds and moments of silence (no transmission of sound) could also be affected by how much internet usage there is on the network? I've installed things such that I thought the phone was supposed to have the priority. I'm not sure I've had this for a whole year yet so I guess I have some recourse if there's a hardware failure. I've only just registered so perhaps I just don't know my way around yet. Thanks in advance for informed replies.
#94427 by thunderbird
Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:41 pm
beorach:
Power off the Ooma device, instead of twenty minutes, for 1 hour. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload/reset/correct your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and test. While the Ooma device is off-line, reboot your modem.

If this doesn't work, give more detail as to what is happening with your Ooma Telo.