This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#93359 by EX Bell
Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:02 am
Where did you buy your Telo that you already cannot return it? You mentioned your phones worked very well on Bell, so I assume you are in Canada. The only place I know of in Canada selling the Telo, that has such a poor return policy that they wouldn't take it back at this point is Canada Computers.

It's too bad that some people are having this experience. I have had some issues, but they appear to have been all related to my internet connection and router. It seems I'm slowly clearing them all up and I'm still very pleased I made the move. It isn't a perfect connection like my Bell connection was, but I don't expect that. Ooma Inc. is not an 18 billion dollar company, they don't have a massive army of technicians, have not been around for 132 years and VoIP is not as mature of a technology as my POTS line was. In other words, I expect less, as I should. However, I'm also no longer paying $68 a month and have an incredible list of great features with the Telo that I strongly doubt I will ever be able to get from Bell Canada for $12.21 a month, no contract.

I've not experienced the DTMF issue, so far and it sounds like we bought ours at around the same time, except mine came from Costco. It really seems like you have a defective unit. I hope they do switch it out for you. Make sure you're dealing with level 2 techs only. Level 1 techs aren't going to be of much help with an issue like this. If you've still some patience left, you could check this page to see if a solution is here that you may not have thought of or tried yet.

Sounds like Ooma tech support is trying to reach you. It's too bad you cancelled your Premier account so soon. You could have used the multi-ring feature to send the call to your cell phone as well at the Telo. That way you would not have missed their call.
#93364 by thunderbird
Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:08 am
If you can get to second or third level Ooma Customer Support, they will make changes on their end that usually helps.

Making changes on your (in your home) end usually doesn’t help.