This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#92979 by SteveB-MO
Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:46 am
I have both a Telo and the handset and the Telo is working fine but the handset seems to have a bad echo when I use the speakerphone which is the reason that I purchased it, for the speakerphone not the echo. :-)

I have my telo hooked up to wireless phone set in my house and the call quality on those phones are great but when I pick up the handset and turn the speaker phone on it has an echo for the person at the other end of the line. Is there some setting that I need to get rid of this? It almost sounds like the person is getting hearing not only me on the speaker phone but also their own line coming in from to the phone??? I am not echoing but they hear what ever is coming out of the speaker on the phone. Is there a fix to this?

I have included here the info from phonepower.com so that you can see that my internet is not an issue:
Speed test statistics
---------------------
Download speed: 54059 kbps
Upload speed: 4774 kbps
Download consistency of service: 92 %
Upload consistency of service: 92 %
Download test type: socket
Upload test type: socket
Maximum TCP delay: 59 ms
Average download pause: 1 ms
Minimum round trip time to server: 66 ms
Average round trip time to server: 68 ms
Estimated download bandwidth: 88000 kbps
Route concurrency: 1.627833
Download TCP forced idle: 92 %
Maximum route speed: --

VoIP test statistics
--------------------
Jitter: you --> server: 0.4 ms
Jitter: server --> you: 0.3 ms
Packet loss: you --> server: 0.0 %
Packet loss: server --> you: 0.0 %
Packet discards: 0.0 %
Packets out of order: 0.0 %
Estimated MOS score: 4.2

It seems to be pretty good to me...
Thanks,
Steve
#92984 by thunderbird
Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:51 pm
SteveB-MO:
Are you hearing Echo when you are using the Ooma Telo Handset, or when you are using the wireless handsets?

If you are hearing Echo when using the wireless handsets, what brand and model number is the wireless handsets, and are they DECT 6 handsets?

Are you hearing Echo when talking to every one that you talk to when using the Speaker or just certain parties?
#93022 by SteveB-MO
Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:09 pm
I am using the ooma telo handset. And I don't hear the echo, the folks that I am talking to hear it. The wireless handset's work fine, no echo on them even when using their speakerphone function. I purchased the telo handset so that I could have a speaker phone to use and it is not working out that way.
Any suggestions?
Steve
#93027 by thunderbird
Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:23 pm
SteveB-MO wrote:I am using the ooma telo handset. And I don't hear the echo, the folks that I am talking to hear it. The wireless handset's work fine, no echo on them even when using their speakerphone function. I purchased the telo handset so that I could have a speaker phone to use and it is not working out that way.
Any suggestions?
Steve

Phone conversation Echo almost always originates from the party that doesn't hear the Echo. Every phone for almost forever has had Sidetone, which a slight feedback circuit from the microphone to the earpiece receiver or speaker, so that the person making the call, knows that their voice is on line. If something is wrong with the involved circuits, or the audio volume is set to high, echo, hiss or squeal can occur.

I would suspect that the Ooma Telo Handset speaker is maybe defective. You could try to slightly turn down the handset volume control, then test.

If you still have problems contact Ooma Customer Support.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST