This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#91946 by atjaguarx
Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:26 pm
When I attempt to make an outgoing phone call to one specific phone number, 80% of the time, the phone takes 50-60 seconds to begin ringing. It only happens when I call a specific number. I will dial the number and I will get 50-60 seconds of silence before it starts ringing. This has never happened on any other number that I have dialed. I still have my land line and, more often then not, I simply hang up and use my land line. It is rather annoying to wait 50 seconds before it even starts ringing. This is a number that I dial 2-3 times a day and the wait time is unacceptable.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with my destination phone service. I believe the person I'm calling is also on VOIP, though it is a corporate VOIP system. I have been calling this number for 3 years from my land line and have never experienced issues until I began using Ooma.

I have mentioned in my other threads, my Ooma experience was PERFECT for the first month. As I was about to port my phone number, I started having a number of issues (as evident by my other posts).

Has anyone else noticed this?
#91950 by jhphone
Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:30 pm
When I dial a 7-digit local number there is always a pause of -- I guess -- about 10-15 seconds. I suspect this is because the Ooma system doesn't know if I may actually be dialing a 10-digit number ... slowly.

It's always faster to connect when dialing a 10 digit number.
#91951 by murphy
Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:48 pm
jhphone wrote:When I dial a 7-digit local number there is always a pause of -- I guess -- about 10-15 seconds. I suspect this is because the Ooma system doesn't know if I may actually be dialing a 10-digit number ... slowly.

It's always faster to connect when dialing a 10 digit number.

Dial an # after the 7 digit number.
#92065 by pcwii
Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:45 pm
I have the same issue only when calling my brother. His Telecom is a rural service with multiple towns. Fibre to the premise. I have tried numerous Ooma (Hub) and router settings, QoS, NAT, even DMZ. The Hub is behind the router and have taken that in to every setup variation. The phone number digits is unrelated.

The issue appears to be a VoIP-to-VoIP compatibility issue. I had Qwest VoIP until the first of the year with no problem calling my brother. After a web search VoIP-to-VoIP compatibility is a nation wide issue and actions filed with the FCC. Level 1 technical support at Ooma may be already looking at this but i have a bad feeling about it. Best-effort here we come?
:o
CLif

I will post resolution in this case if there is one.

tech ref
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t2/feature/guide/ft_dscp.html