This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#91854 by Dwyne
Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:50 pm
After the install of UVerse, my call quality began to suffer (dropped call, echoing, slurring). Three days later, the Telo could not connect to the RG, No matter whether I reset the device or the rg, the red light just blinked and I had no phone service.

While I had emailed Ooma support and created a ticket, there was no support from them. I am sure they had no clue.

I finally had a chance to chat with AT&T Uverse support. While they knew very little about Ooma's architecture or connections, they made a recommendation. I had the wireless authentication type on the 8301HGV set to "WPA-PSK (TKIP) and WPA-PSK (AES)". He stated that voip's have had problems with this setting. He recommended I set it to "WPA2-PSK (AES)". He also recommended wireless channel 5 or 10. I used 10. This worked and my Telo connected wirelessly. The call quality has also seem to improve,

I know it's tough to support the product and its connection to various modems and gateways, but the device is sold on the premise that it will connect to any modem. While there may be adjustments to Qos, a rg like the 8301 has no Qos.

So to Ooma support: We Need Support.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Dwyne