While I had emailed Ooma support and created a ticket, there was no support from them. I am sure they had no clue.
I finally had a chance to chat with AT&T Uverse support. While they knew very little about Ooma's architecture or connections, they made a recommendation. I had the wireless authentication type on the 8301HGV set to "WPA-PSK (TKIP) and WPA-PSK (AES)". He stated that voip's have had problems with this setting. He recommended I set it to "WPA2-PSK (AES)". He also recommended wireless channel 5 or 10. I used 10. This worked and my Telo connected wirelessly. The call quality has also seem to improve,
I know it's tough to support the product and its connection to various modems and gateways, but the device is sold on the premise that it will connect to any modem. While there may be adjustments to Qos, a rg like the 8301 has no Qos.
So to Ooma support: We Need Support.
Just my thoughts on the matter.