This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#91965 by markcm
Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:55 am
Thanks for pointing that out. I have been and will continue to be in contact with support. They have been responsive although not super helpful. I will try to draw them to this or any othr related threads and keep reporting my results here.
#91986 by Bobby B
Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:30 pm
Ooma Support has been able to recreate the problem - they're currently working with Engineering to determine what's the cause. It seems to affect calls from certain calling areas.
#91999 by teamcary
Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:53 pm
I'm having this problem as well. Callers sometimes complain of loud clicking noises. Doesn't happen every call. Calls sometime start OK, then the clicking arises after several minutes of talking. I've used Ooma for almost a year, and this just started happening within the last two weeks. Still very intermittent. No affect on outgoing calls (can't even hear the clicking when incoming callers are complaining about it.) I have been able to experience it by calling in to retrieve my voicemail messages.
#92036 by DGH
Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:06 pm
I am one more customer with the clicking problem. It does click at the same frequency as the activity light on the modem. Sometimes both ends hear the sound but most often the incoming caller hears it. The problem is intermittent but increasing in frequency to the point that about 75% of the calls have the sound. It is often so distracting that the caller will hang up and try another time or call on my cell phone. Also, the OOMA box FREQUENTLY drops it's connection (red status icon). As a result, we lose the telephone AND the internet until we notice it. Then we have to power the thing down and restart. The OOMA system is great when it works but it has become a problem I can't deal with much longer - hope there is a fix soon.
#92134 by markcm
Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:08 pm
I didn't get any feedback from Ooma but I haven't heard the clicking today either and I received a few calls from lines that were frequently getting the clicking. Hopefully it is resolved, I just bought and hooked up another Ooma Telo for my dad who lives next door.
#92170 by markcm
Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:46 am
It would be nice to get some public resopnce from ooma here in the forum as well rather than hearing throughthe grapevine that "something" may have been done.

I will follow up with my support ticket, please do the same if you had this issue
#92299 by pete532
Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:24 pm
FYI, since my last update on Jan 23, we have not had a single call with the clicking noise problem.

Would it be too much to ask Ooma to tell us that they have identified the cause of the problem, and fixed it?