This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#90930 by bryanlyle
Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:41 am
Is there a way for Ooma to lower the volume of outgoing calls? My parents are loud talkers. Ridiculously loud talkers. The quality of their phone calls is ok as long as they talk at a normal volume. However, when they talk loud, their voices cut in/out.

I have an Obi110 that allows you to configure the incoming and outgoing volume, but I don't think the Ooma has a setting like that. Is that something that is configurable on Ooma's end?

Also, I've already told them to talk quieter. It hasn't work ;-)
#90936 by thunderbird
Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:44 am
bryanlyle wrote:Is there a way for Ooma to lower the volume of outgoing calls? My parents are loud talkers. Ridiculously loud talkers. The quality of their phone calls is ok as long as they talk at a normal volume. However, when they talk loud, their voices cut in/out.

I have an Obi110 that allows you to configure the incoming and outgoing volume, but I don't think the Ooma has a setting like that. Is that something that is configurable on Ooma's end?

Also, I've already told them to talk quieter. It hasn't work ;-)

Tell your parents to lower the audio volume on the phones that they are using.
#90937 by bryanlyle
Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:12 am
Does lowering the volume of their phones also lower the volume of what is being sent out? I figured it would only affect what they heard.
#90938 by bluechalk
Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:37 am
Put scotch tape over the microphone holes in their phone handset. If you use clear tape, they probably would never notice!
#90939 by thunderbird
Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:41 am
bryanlyle wrote:Does lowering the volume of their phones also lower the volume of what is being sent out? I figured it would only affect what they heard.

For most phones, the volume control controls both.
#90940 by bryanlyle
Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:44 am
thunderbird wrote:
bryanlyle wrote:Does lowering the volume of their phones also lower the volume of what is being sent out? I figured it would only affect what they heard.

For most phones, the volume control controls both.

Interesting. I'll have them give that a try.