This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#89849 by jalar
Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:35 am
I am new to Ooma but I am puzzled by this issue.

I have had several incoming callers say they are hearing an intermittant beep in the phone conversation. I have been told that it sounds like the beep of a mobile phone when the battery is dying, but I can not hear it on my end of the conversation.

I don't believe it is a 2nd incoming call because this has happened at unusal times of the day, multiple times, when you wouldn't expect a 1st call, much less a 2nd. ;)

Also, there is no voicemail on the machine.

Does anybody have any ideas what might be going on :?:
#89856 by thunderbird
Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:44 am
jalar wrote:I am new to Ooma but I am puzzled by this issue.

I have had several incoming callers say they are hearing an intermittant beep in the phone conversation. I have been told that it sounds like the beep of a mobile phone when the battery is dying, but I can not hear it on my end of the conversation.

I don't believe it is a 2nd incoming call because this has happened at unusal times of the day, multiple times, when you wouldn't expect a 1st call, much less a 2nd. ;)

Also, there is no voicemail on the machine.

Does anybody have any ideas what might be going on :?:

The sounds or tones that are heard are probably DTMF tones. In this case because you don't hear them, are created by your voice. Last week I had similar tones. I turned down the phone audio volume from all bars showing, to two bars lower, and the tones went away. So try turning down the audio volume slightly on your phone.