This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#89160 by thunderbird
Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:14 pm
Finally Ooma Telo Firmware Update 50832 will be "Pushed" out over the next two week period of time.

See viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12746 For Ooma Telo Firmware Update release notes.

Post your comments and your problems with the new firmware update here, in this thread.

Check for the version of Ooma Telo firmware that you have by Dialing *#*#001. The firmware version audio comes out of your Ooma Telo Speaker after dialing *#*#001 in one of your phones.
#89217 by rp1
Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:56 am
I don't want to jinx anything but I was upgraded to 50832 last week after sending an email to customer service. So far I think this has improved things so I think they are on to something. I have not heard Mr Roboto since the upgrade but I also don't talk alot.

In my case, my internet is wireless via a 900 MHz Radio link. My connection is usally symetrical with about 1.3 Mbs up and down. My QOS is set for 500 Kbs up and down. I'll continue to monitor and will post an update in a few weeks. :)
#89270 by Cyberchat
Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:22 pm
thunderbird wrote:Finally Ooma Telo Firmware Update 50832 will be "Pushed" out over the next two week period of time.

See viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12746 For Ooma Telo Firmware Update release notes.

Post your comments and your problems with the new firmware update here, in this thread.

Check for the version of Ooma Telo firmware that you have by Dialing *#*#001. The firmware version audio comes out of your Ooma Telo Speaker after dialing *#*#001 in one of your phones.

Hmmmmm! This is the first time that I've heard of the dialing sequence of *#*#001 to get configuration information out of he Telo device. It works, however. You can also get the Firmware version by using your browser to navigate to http://setup.ooma.com. You'll see the Firmware version information in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
#89331 by thunderbird
Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:47 pm
lone_wolf wrote:How do I get this upgrade as mine is older and has the Mr. Roboto problem with sound quality? Thanks

Within the next couple of weeks the new firmware version will be automatically "pushed" out to you.

Previously if people had the Robotic Voice issue, if they contacted Ooma Customer Support Second Level, an advanced copy of the firmware would be "pushed" out. But I don't know if Ooma Customer Support is still doing this, since everyone is now getting the firmware update. You could try.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#89349 by etters
Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:03 am
I have just received Firmware 50832 and it does seem to have eliminated the robotic voice issue - even for longer calls to a cell phone. My update apparently was part of the regularly scheduled Ooma update distribution process.
#89358 by WJBertrand
Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:20 am
I received it sometime in the last day or so. Haven't noticed any difference yet, but I was not having the robo-voice problem. Does anyone know if this fixes the random tones problem? When I call home to my Ooma from another phone and speak with my wife I occassionally hear tones as though she's pressing keys on the phone (she swears she's not and she doesn't hear them at her end). She told me other callers she speaks to have the same complaint. No one has complained to me about this when I use Ooma however. Seems to happen when she laughs or speaks more loudly.
#89360 by joe123
Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:41 am
etters wrote:I have just received Firmware 50832 and it does seem to have eliminated the robotic voice issue - even for longer calls to a cell phone. My update apparently was part of the regularly scheduled Ooma update distribution process.

I never had the robotic issue. I just noticed that my Ooma Telo got this update. All is well still.

So this begs to ask for those long timers here. If a firmware update makes things bad for you, are you able to request a previous firmware that worked?

I guess I am asking for those that everything is working just fine, can you opt to stay on with a working firmware?