This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#89043 by lbmofo
Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:35 pm
Not sure if HDSP is do-able just plugging in the base to Ooma; what does "HDSP ready" mean? If not, I personally would go with other DECT 6.0 phones that are a lot cheaper. Multi-handset system for $20 per handset or even $15 per handset could be found out there. More expensive doesn't necessarily mean better. Panasonic handsets have the best reputation from what I hear. Siemens, Motorola maybe very good brands; but in other areas but not necessarily home DECT 6.0 phones in my opinion.
#89046 by childlost
Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:56 pm
Panasonic phones are very good, but I'm looking for an alternative to the Ooma DECT phone, so any cordless phone that is compatible with HDVoice and uses the same codec.
The specifications of the C300 seem to be talking about the same HDVoice technology that Ooma uses, just rebranded with a different name. It's still not clear if it's compatible with HD Voice or not though.
#89047 by thunderbird
Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:29 pm
childlost wrote:Panasonic phones are very good, but I'm looking for an alternative to the Ooma DECT phone, so any cordless phone that is compatible with HDVoice and uses the same codec.
The specifications of the C300 seem to be talking about the same HDVoice technology that Ooma uses, just rebranded with a different name. It's still not clear if it's compatible with HD Voice or not though.

You probably have to contact Ooma Customer Support and ask for at least second level support to find out what you want to know.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

If you do find out anything, please post back and let us know also.
#89187 by thunderbird
Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:12 pm
childlost wrote:I just called them and they keep saying that they don't keep a list of compatible devices. Instead, they offered me a Ooma phone at a discounted price. Considering the bad reviews around here, I'm not sure it's worth it.

The reviews that I read liked the Siemens Gigaset C300 very much, with very long battery life. But the only complaint was that it was small in the hand?

The complaint about the Ooma Telo handset is the low battery life and the battery charging.

Relatively both are cheep. Maybe you might consider purchasing one of each? ;)

If you do, or just purchase the Gigaset C300 handsets, report back with your experiences.