This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#88469 by EFlores
Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:57 am
Can someone recommend a good Router, my D-link Dir-655 died on me today and I would like to get a top of the line QOS controller router. Any suggestions on a good router? Thanks. :cool:
#88471 by Greg4ooma
Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:51 pm
Several of us have the NETGEAR WNDR3700 and works like a charm. Its one of the recommended routers for use with OOMA.

The Dir-655 is a good router, but doesn't play well with other devices sometimes (and has reports of issues with OOMA i've read)
#88490 by Leeway
Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Hmmm, I have the Dir 655 and no problems at all with it.
#88493 by thunderbird
Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:23 pm
EFlores wrote:Can someone recommend a good Router, my D-link Dir-655 died on me today and I would like to get a top of the line QOS controller router. Any suggestions on a good router? Thanks. :cool:

Just for my information, did your D-link Dir-655 router take a lightening strick or a power surge? Is it completely dead, no lights, etc.?

I see that this router seems to a pretty good, later design, up to date router.

D-link Dir-655
•Includes router, CAT5 ethernet cable, power adapter, installation/documentation CD-ROM
•Supports IEEE 802.11n (draft 2.0), 802.11g, 802.3, 802.3u wireless standards
•Xtreme N technology
•SharePort technology
•QoS engine
•Wireless LAN scheduling
•Three external antennas
•SecureSpot 2.0 Web-based security console
•Supports WPA, WPA2 WiFi security standards
•SPI, NAT dual-active firewalls
•Supports VPN pass-through, multi-sessions PPTP, L2TP, IPSec
•Power, status, WAN, WLAN, USB LAN LED status indicators
•FCC Class B, CE, WiFi/WPS certifications
•Four 10/100/1000 gigabit LAN ports
•Gigabit WAN port
•USB port

Maybe If it will still power, some one can help with a factory reset instructions, etc.?

Maybe if it is dead, just the power adapter is defective?
#88538 by EFlores
Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:22 am
thunderbird wrote:
EFlores wrote:Can someone recommend a good Router, my D-link Dir-655 died on me today and I would like to get a top of the line QOS controller router. Any suggestions on a good router? Thanks. :cool:

Just for my information, did your D-link Dir-655 router take a lightening strick or a power surge? Is it completely dead, no lights, etc.?

I see that this router seems to a pretty good, later design, up to date router.

D-link Dir-655
•Includes router, CAT5 ethernet cable, power adapter, installation/documentation CD-ROM
•Supports IEEE 802.11n (draft 2.0), 802.11g, 802.3, 802.3u wireless standards
•Xtreme N technology
•SharePort technology
•QoS engine
•Wireless LAN scheduling
•Three external antennas
•SecureSpot 2.0 Web-based security console
•Supports WPA, WPA2 WiFi security standards
•SPI, NAT dual-active firewalls
•Supports VPN pass-through, multi-sessions PPTP, L2TP, IPSec
•Power, status, WAN, WLAN, USB LAN LED status indicators
•FCC Class B, CE, WiFi/WPS certifications
•Four 10/100/1000 gigabit LAN ports
•Gigabit WAN port
•USB port

Maybe If it will still power, some one can help with a factory reset instructions, etc.?

Maybe if it is dead, just the power adapter is defective?

Thunderbird, you are the man! Thanks for taking the time to answer my post....a friend of mine owns the same router and I borrowed the power adapter to see if that was the problem, and wallah! it worked just fine so I will keep going with the DIR-655 for now...again, thank you.... To all the others who took the time to answer my post, also thanks to you. :) :)