This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#87914 by jeanlabalance
Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:59 pm
I am having problems not being about to call out, or when I can call out there is a broken or echo quality to the call. The voice mail is also having the same problem. I can dial a number and it just sits there with no ringing tone or anything, or if it does start ringing the tone is broken and the call quality is very bad. I have set my Internet Port MAC address to use the built-in address. My QOS is set to upstream 850 and downstream 12000. My speedtest.net results show 12.06 Mbps download and 1.07 Mbps for upload. I have rebooted the Ooma TELO, my router, and Internet modem many times, but the problem continues. I waited about 30 minutes before I plugged everything back up. I have contacted Ooma via e-mail about this, and I am waiting their response. Has anyone had any similar problems or have any suggestions?

Thanks!
#87916 by thunderbird
Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:24 am
jeanlabalance wrote:I am having problems not being about to call out, or when I can call out there is a broken or echo quality to the call. The voice mail is also having the same problem. I can dial a number and it just sits there with no ringing tone or anything, or if it does start ringing the tone is broken and the call quality is very bad. I have set my Internet Port MAC address to use the built-in address. My QOS is set to upstream 850 and downstream 12000. My speedtest.net results show 12.06 Mbps download and 1.07 Mbps for upload. I have rebooted the Ooma TELO, my router, and Internet modem many times, but the problem continues. I waited about 30 minutes before I plugged everything back up. I have contacted Ooma via e-mail about this, and I am waiting their response. Has anyone had any similar problems or have any suggestions?
Thanks!

Ooma system comes with a free 60-day trial of Ooma Premier. If you are within the 60 day period, with Premier you can set up a second phone number. If you haven't already, go into My Ooma and setup you second phone number. Then try calling using the second phone number. If the second number works, call Ooma customer support and have them make the second number your line one number, and get a new line 2 number.

Another thing that you can try for a work-around, is when making calls with the Ooma Telo, add a prefix *96, *98 or *82 and then dial the number. At the end of the number, if you add a hash mark (#), it should speed the connection.
Example: *98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx-#

One other thing you can do, is to enable ten digit dialing at https://my.ooma.com/system .
#87919 by mheeke
Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:01 am
I had exactly the same issue when dialing out to AT&T landlines - answering person could hear me fine but I couldn't hear them at all. I enabled 10 digit calling in my Ooma setup and this solved the problem for me. Hope it helps. :)
#87962 by jeanlabalance
Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:31 am
Thanks for the information. Thankfully, the problem has seemed to resolve itself. I do get dropped calls sometimes though. I will try your suggestions if the problem occurs again.

Thanks again!
#87966 by thunderbird
Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:16 am
jeanlabalance wrote:Thanks for the information. Thankfully, the problem has seemed to resolve itself. I do get dropped calls sometimes though. I will try your suggestions if the problem occurs again.

Thanks again!

Check in Ooma setup and make sure that Use Built In MAC address is checked. I just looked at mine and it had reverted back to Automatic.
I found my Ten Digit Calling check box, un-checked on My Oooma. After checking the Ten Digit Calling check box, I am unable to Save. If this has happened to you, you will have to dial eleven digits for the call to go through. Example: 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx